Meddle

****Willow's POV****

After the whole proposal drama and Maeva storming off, the mood turned so everyone decided to head upstairs and let them sort it out. Digby was with James until the early hours and then came and joined me. The whole thing was weird because immediately I wanted to be upset for Maeva that she'd been rejected in a way but at the same time I knew from Digby that James wasn't ready to get married and she knew that. 

The next morning Digby and I joined Emily and Miles in the kitchen for something to eat and a catch up on the night before. 

"Do you have an idea on how you want to be proposed to?" Emily asked me. 

"Let me tell you it would be nothing like this." I told her. "I'd want something really private, low key and yeah... I don't have it all planned out but something romantic and sweet. Personal and yeah I don't think I'll be inviting everyone."

"Yeah it was a bit of a mood changer last night, I think I'll be avoiding her this morning at least." Miles said. 

"I genuinely had no idea." Digby said. "Did you guys know?"

"Yeah," Emily and Miles admitted. 

"I can confidently say I had no idea." I said. 

"Do you know what though, I rate Maeva." Emily admitted. "She has got so much confidence and she does not give a shit. That is what I like about her, she takes it and she owns it. She is what she is and that's Maeva"

"The trouble is though that, and I'm sure Miles thinks this as well, getting on one knee for us is such a big moment. I've always looked forward to that moment." Digby said, it did make me smile imagining him proposing to me, even though it's way too soon to be thinking of that at all. "She just can't seem to wait."

"Also, why do we have to be here when you're doing it?" Miles said. 

"It does seem a bit weird, like there's some people here who she doesn't even like." I said. "Surely she knew there was some kind of risk element to this, like James has said before he doesn't want her to propose to him."

"How do you feel about this?" Digby asked Miles. 

"Very, very...."

"When she told you what was your reaction?"

"He had a funny moment." Emily was the one who answered. 

"Very funny."

"There were a few tears."

"Yeah I did cry a bit."

"Fair enough man."

"It is a bit weird and in a way I always thought it was going to be me proposing to her. But we spoke just before she was about to do it and in all honestly I told her not to do it. Maeva wants this romantic proposal where he gets down on one knee but then she also wants to rush it. In my head I was just worried for her because I know this isn't what she wants to do." 

"How do you think James is currently feeling?" I asked them. "Especially if he finds out she spoke to you just before."

"I mean I don't know and whether he likes it or not then I can't really do anything about that. I don't want to be involved in that anymore." He said but then turned to me. "But I hear you made up with her?"

"We're definitely not where we were a year ago but there's hopefully no hard feelings between us now."

****

That afternoon we all made our way safely back to London and I was spending the night with Tabitha whilst Ollie and Gareth went out. Liv was also coming over so we ordered a takeaway and I put myself on chief babysitting duty so Tabitha could have a drink. Ottille was sat on my lap as I gave her a bottle and picked away at the plate of Chinese in front of me.