Proposal

****Willow's POV****

Surprisingly for me, Maeva and James invited Digby and I to join the group in a retreat up in Yorkshire. I was quite surprised she extended the invite to me but maybe this was the olive branch that we needed to have a conversation again so I was going to make the next move and see where we both wanted to go from here. 

That first night however was spent getting quite drunk with my friends and Digby. Sadly Liv wasn't here as she'd fallen out with Inga and they were all staying in London, as was my brother, but maybe that was for the best. In their argument Inga had brought up how I was her new lap dog and that Liv had messed me round so many times that I'd become weak but she didn't know anything so her opinion had little effect to me. 

"How are you liking the Yorkshire air?" Julius asked as we sat together with Digby and Verity. 

"I can't say I've seen much of it to be fair" I replied. "But this place is nice, I can see why Maeva picked it."

"Yeah, what's been going on with you then?"

"Not much, I went out that night with everyone and came back finding out that two more people don't like me."

"Who?"

"Well one of them is Ruby so I guess I already knew that." I said. "But yeah apparently Inga doesn't like me now."

"Inga?" Verity asked. "That's not because of me is it?"

"No, something's gone on with her and Liv and I think she's just using me as a scapegoat for whatever issues she's got. I enjoyed being her friend but if that's the way she wants to speak about me then I won't cry any tears over her." 

"You've got enough friends." Julius said. "So what did Ruby have to say to you?"

"I made a comment to Miles about how his current situation with Ruby wasn't going to help either of them and that she was in a way acting like a possessive ex, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Then I heard she made those comments about Verity and I just don't like anyone being shamed for that sort of stuff so I said to her. Of course she wasn't happy but we were never going to agree on it."

"You stood up for what you thought that right." Digby backed me up. "She just wasn't going to back down either."

"Again I won't lose sleep over her."

"Hey!" We heard from behind us and turned around to find Sam Prince walking towards us. "How are you all?"

"Enjoying ourselves, getting drunk." Verity replied as he perched on the arm of the chair next to her. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I'd come and see you all."

"Are you sure Inga would be OK with that?" I couldn't help but ask him. "It's just I know she didn't like Liv hanging out with me."

"It's a good thing she's not here then isn't it." That is one of the reasons why Sam Prince seemed sly in my eyes, it's like he always had little secrets with everyone which left a reputation in everyone's minds. 

"Should we go and get a drink?" Verity asked him, probably noticing the tension in the air. "I'll see you all later."

"See did anyone else not think that's just a sly move?" I asked once he was out of hearing range. "Like if you said that when I wasn't around then I wouldn't be happy."

"I think Princey is confused." Digby said. "He always tells me that he really likes Inga but the way he behaves doesn't necessarily reflect that. He's always had that almost rebellious side to him and I don't think that's gone away yet."