✨Part-11✨

💖🕊💖

After spending a week in London and celebrating the new year there which was relatively relaxed to the madness that went down at Woking the girls were back home.

Maybe it would be unfair to call it home for Claire, because she only came back to pack up all of her belongings and take them back to London.

It had been a day since they were back, it was still going to take a couple of days to unpack and do the laundry.

It was on one of these slow evenings Claire decided to call up her mother, with Nicole right there as emotional support.

"Hello mom!"

"Hello my baby, how are you doing?"

"I'm good mom! Just had something quite exciting to tell you about, how are you?"

"Oh you know the usual, just having some coffee with your dad before we head to work. Tell me what's the exciting news!"

"So, quite a while ago-Oh well happy new year!"

"Happy new year to you too! Now tell me already." She could hear the excitement in her mom's voice.

"Yeah! So last year in December, Sonya's older brother-"

"Sonya is your Russian friend? Suspiciously rich?"

"Mom! I'll let that slide just this once, her older brother took us to the McLaren showroom here. He wanted to test drive a car, so I was talking to the people there-"

"You can't afford one! And no don't go into debts-"

"Will you let me speak! I found out they had some internships lined up, so I applied just to see."

"Oh wow that's good! Did you hear from them?"

"Yes! I did, I have the letter right here in my hand. So I did get an internship!" She said, winging from the pain of lying through her teeth to her own mother.

"That's amazing! Ted, honey! Claire got an internship at this place." She could hear her mom discussing with her dad.

"Congratulations! We're so proud of you! So when do you start? How much are they paying? Does this lead to a possible job within the organisation? What organisation is it in the first place?" She heard her dad fire away now.

"I'll be working with McLaren, just basic stuff like data entry. But the job is in London."

"The car manufacturers? That's very nice! So you're ready to move there?" He asked.

"As much as I dislike change, yes."

"We are so proud of you! Our little girl really is growing! Maybe Claire from just a year ago would have hated the idea of going to another place!" Her father praised her. "So have you figured out how you're going there and have you found a place to stay?"

"I don't have to worry about anything, they've got it all figured out for me." Claire smiled, hey! At least she wasn't lying this time.

"That's strange but alright! We're so happy for you and we can't wait to visit you in London-"

"NO! No you shouldn't!" She sounded more defensive than she meant to. "Mom, dad, I don't want you using money you've put aside for other things to buy some tickets! I'll visit you very soon!"

"Always worrying about things you shouldn't be worrying about, what about university?"

"I'm going to the dean tomorrow, I'll be doing the rest of my studies at South Bank. Don't you dare use up your savings to fly to London!"

"We won't Claire we won't! I'm afraid we don't have that many sick leaves to take." He mom laughed.

She let out a chuckle at the statement her mom made and talked to them for some more time before ending the call.

She felt a pit in her stomach, it felt horrible to lie to them. But then again she wasn't in a place to tell them about it, was the nausea from lying or a general effect of pregnancy? What's what she couldn't tell anymore.

"Nicky, I'm such a garbage daughter." She sighed plopping herself on the couch next to her.

"What's wrong?" Nicole asked turning away from the TV.

Claire explained the horrible emotions she felt, how guilty it made her feel and how she couldn't wait to go to England and sort it all for once and for all.

"That's growth eclair!" Nicole hugged her, "you're looking forward to go to some place so that things-"

"Go back to the way they were." She sighed, "that's not growth, that's reluctance. I am not a fan of the whole change, grow and evolve!"

"Says the pregnant woman." Nicole chuckled.

"That's a low jab!" Claire laughed. "What's taking those two so long?"

"You think Alia's supermarket run is just to get stuff for dinner?"

"Of course not! My bad, she's going to get distracted and come home with a new lamp shade or something."

The door flung open just as Claire said those words, Sonya and Alia entered-with cushions in their hands apart from grocery bags.

"I saw these cushions and just had to get them!" Alia explained, "no house can have enough cushions can it?"

"I tried to stop her but as you can see, it wasn't very successful." Sonya sighed setting down the groceries.

The four of them started dinner prep, Claire couldn't help it. She was tearing up, she was already crying at the idea of not having the three people that brought her comfort around her.

"Why are you crying silly?" Nicole smiled wiping her tears away.

"It's just- I'm going to miss you all so much." Claire choked on tears.

She was pulled in for a big, long and break your ribs kind of group hug. She was going to miss all of this, a lot. What she could do for now is give into this moment and remember it forever.

***

A/n: 1k reads already!? I never thought we would get this far! Thank you so so so so so much for sticking around and reading my ramblings🧡🧡 I love you all so so so so much! Enjoy the early update and don't forget to comment your thoughts! I love reading and replying to them 🤗