✨Part-28✨

🔆🧡🔆

The house felt warm and alive again, she woke up to caresses and kisses from him, being called queen, she couldn't possibly complain.

"The next race is in Canada you know?" He told her handing her a big bowl of oatmeal.

"Oh!" She smiled taking a spoonful, "this tastes soooooooo good, where have you been all my life?"

"Driving fast cars? Not partying in clubs." He laughed, before getting all serious again, "you're distracting me! We're racing in Canada, Montreal that too. I thought it would be nice to have a local be my guide."

"Who me?" She pointed at herself.

"Yes you! Plus, we could meet your parents."

"No. No, No!"

"Come on! We told my parents it's time we tell yours."

"You didn't tell them Lando! They just found out, and it was a shock to them."

"Yeah, we don't want to do that again. So, we sit down and talk to them, so it's not as big of a shock."

She thought for a while, taking a deep breathe. Claire  gave her bump a gentle pat, a custom Lando had noticed she did when she was either nervous or really excited.

She didn't say anything, just curled her lips into a faint smile and nodded-Still clutching her tummy. Seeing Claire smile gave him tingles, more kisses to her, the belly and her again.

He hated the idea of having to go to the factory, things had just gotten better and he had to be off to get a few laps on the simulator before heading to Montreal.

Claire headed out for a stroll around the town to see what the place was like, it was sleepy but had its own charm. She ran into some faces she recalls seeing at the garage or the factory, a little reading gave away that majority of the population worked with McLaren some way or another.

The walking was getting a little tiring, she looked for a bench to take a little break on. An old woman sat on one, knitting away a creation. Claire took a seat next to her, the lady smiled at her and continued her work.

"Apologies for disturbing you, but where can I get knitting needles and yarn? Your skill is blowing my mind!" She complimented the old woman.

"Thank you dear, you can buy needles at the shop down the lane. It's rather refreshing to see someone young take interest in something this mundane!" She chuckled.

"Mundane? You're creating something wonderful with just wool and your fingers! That's not mundane at all!"

Claire marched down to get needles and yarn as fast as she could, the lady on the bench spent a while teaching her how to knit. She had now, found a new hobby. She thanked the lady and headed back home.

It had been a while since she spoke to her friends, she asked Sonya if it was a good time to chat. Sonya replied affirmative and the long call was on.

"Hello my loves! How are you doing today?" She chirped.

"We're getting ready to go out!" Sonya replied.

"There's a party by the beach you would have definitely loved!" Alia added.

"We miss you so much, how are you doing?" Nicole asked.

"I love it here, I love my Little Worm, I love him- no I didn't just say that."

"CLAIRE MARTIN IS IN LOVE WITH A BOY WHO IS NOT BLONDE NOR A JERK!" She teased her.

"No! I didn't mean it like that! I-"

"Save it! We don't care how you meant it. Tell us more!" Alia interrupted her.

"He's so dreamy, he's everything I've ever wanted," She cooed, "he spoils me rotten! I wake up to kisses, cuddles and great breakfast, oh! And his back rubs are just amazing."

"Back rubs?" Nicole repeated suggestively.

"I am literally pregnant! Get your head out of the gutter." She rolled her eyes.

"I may have judged him too harshly, I'm so glad he's taking good care of you." Sonya cleared.

"You were just looking out for me! You were being a good friend, did I tell you I moved in with him?"

"What!?" They yelled synchronously.

She narrated the whole episode to them, while Alia and Nicole gushed at how adorable it was. Sonya was back to her cautious ways, asking her to make sure she was really comfortable and safe.

"Yes mother, I am under no danger of any sorts." She laughed.

"What about school!?"

"I'm going to ask my dean and professors about that, I mean, with the baby on her way there's no way I can attend classes in person but I do really want to finish my degree."

"Tell me how that works out, apart from that how are you doing? How's the precious little baby doing?"

"She's doing great, she loves kicking, punching and rearranging my anatomy." She laughed, the baby talk reminded her she had to go for a check up before leaving for Canada, She went on rambling to them about all the appointments, how Lando wants to meet her parents and tell them about this.

She got a call from her Dean's office, probably wanting to confirm the appointment. But to her surprise, it was the dean herself, she answered the call nervously.

"He-Hello Dr. Rutherford, good afternoon." She nervously gulped.

"Good afternoon Claire, why is your voice all shaky? Nothing to be nervous about." She reassured the girl.

Claire took a deep breath and shook off the nervousness, she was sure that people were going to judge her for her life choices but they were hers to make. She had to stand for what she believes was right for her. She started again, "Thank you doctor, I was just a bit worried about how the faculty would take the news, I want to discuss about what options I have. I wish to continue my education."

"I was discussing about that with professor Barker, I think you will be quite happy with the solution we have worked out." She continued, "you can join us through the lecture streams online."

"That's great! Thank you so much! I promise to not let you down." She smiled.

"You're welcome, we would do what it takes to educate such a bright mind. Your professor, Mister Barker, wants to talk to you about the future, I'll let you two talk." She concluded, making the receptionist redirect Claire's call.

"Afternoon Martin! How have you been?" She heard his cheerful voice.

"Good afternoon prof, I'm doing good! How are you?"

"Great! I get to sit back and enjoy before the summer semester suckers come back."

"I have a question, I have bad feeling but I'm going to ask you anyway."

"Go on, ask away!"

"I've actually moved to my boyfriend's town, I'm in Woking right now and I think we're going to be here for a while... It's charming but I have absolutely nothing to do. He's at work pretty much all day and there's only so much I can do. If it's not too much to ask, can you send me a bit of the coursework so I can do it?"

"Are you VOLUNTEERING to do a summer semester?"

"Yes, I guess."

"Sure, I mean you're joining us online so this works, I'll help you out with all of it."

"Thank you! Thanks so much!"

"No worries, Claire, what is your plan after getting your degree?"

"I haven't thought too much about it, I definitely want to focus on raising my child first."

"What about Career aspirations?"

"Life doesn't always work the way I want to, so I'll put them on hold for now." She shrugged.