✨Part-58✨

Claire spent the next few weeks in excited anticipation of seeing her friends again, her parents were more than happy to see her smiling again.

It was finally time to head to Manama, after what felt like hours, Claire had finally reunited her girls. She wasn't the only one squealing with joy, Little Worm was just as excited.

"Oh my cute little baby!" Sonya grabbed Ophelia out of Claire's arms covering the little baby in kisses, she laughed out in glee and grabbed hold of Sonya. "Oh!" Sonya laughed, "she likes me." She cuddled the baby.

"How have you been?" Nicole hugged Claire, "You look so different now, in a good way! The long hair looks good." She smiled.

"Thank you Nicky! Its honestly grown this long out of neglect." She laughed.

"Nicky's just being nice, you look tired and sleep deprived." Alia shot.

"That's...one way to greet someone you're seeing after a long time, but I'm immune. Bring it in!" Claire laughed stretching her arm out.

"Alright that's enough mushy gushy, Papa is waiting in the car." Sonya said.

"Ah yes, I must thank Mister Moskowitz for letting me join you."

They walked up to the car bay, they looked for the large black SUV- or as Alia explained the ultra Karenmobile was waiting for them. They loaded in Claire's suitcase and placed Ophelia in the car seat.

Claire had met Sonya's dad a couple of times, he was quiet and his build was intimidating. Claire thanked him, to her surprise he was quite sweet and welcoming.

"No need for the formalities Claire! We are family call me Igor!" He smiled, "your little girl is adorable, she reminds of Sonya as a baby. Always laughing and smiling."

"Papa, I'm still alive and smiling!" Sonya cut in.

"That you are." He laughed, "I'll drop you girls back to the hotel, Sonya change and meet me in 10 minutes okay? We're going for dinner with Mister Abramovich and his son."

"Oooh are you getting her married?" Alia chimed in.

"No I'm not marrying that derpy boy." Sonya scoffed.

"Have you even seen him?" Nicole asked.

"His name is Ilya it says enough."

"Sonya, it's only a formal dinner and please don't make fun of his name when we sit down with them." Igor sighed.

"I'll try, but no promises." She rolled her eyes, "just so you know I'm missing out on a lot of gossip with my friends to be attend this dinner."

"I'm sure they'll wait for you, won't you girls?" He asked.

"Yes! We'll discuss things once you're done with dinner our lovely business people."  Nicole beamed.

Nicole led Claire to their shared hotel room, she could see the skyline of Manama from the window. The lights drew the attention of Ophelia's little mind, she wouldn't stop looking at the lights and cooing.

"She's started sleeping through the night so it shouldn't be too much of a problem." Claire explained.

"Even if she didn't it's completely fine. She's a baby!" Nicole laughed.

"So, how have you been? What's the future looking like?" Claire asked taking a seat in one of the arm chairs.

"The internship is going fine, but I don't enjoy it. I feel like this whole management is not for me." Nicole sighed.

"You've always liked psychology, I mean you're the best person to talk to when someone's feeling low because you calm them down, you don't interrupt, you don't judge. You just hear them out."

"I did take it up as a subject, but it's too late now."

"It's not Nicole, this whole having your life figured out is absolute bull crap." Claire smiled, "this is coming from someone who got knocked up by an athlete." She laughed.

Nicole couldn't help but laugh with her, this conversation felt like a nice warm hug. "No but seriously, did you think about becoming a certified therapist?" Claire asked.

"I just took psychology as a minor, I don't think I can-"

"Do you want to?"

"Yes. I want to. It honestly sounds more fulfilling."

"Then go for it!" Claire smiled.

"I will. I'm going to start my research soon then!"

Their deep conversation was interrupted by knocks on the door, Alia barged into the room ready to yell about how this was going to be the best trip ever.

"Shhh! Ophelia just fell asleep." Nicole silenced her.

"She's got the life of my dreams honestly," Alia sat down on the bed, "sleeping all day, having cool aunts that make up for a lame mom-"

"Why are you being so brutal for no reason?" Nicole cut her.

"It's fine, we all know Alia can't express love like a normal human being." Claire laughed.

"Do not use the word love around me." Alia cringed, "but I did get wine!" She held up the bottle.

"I can't drink, you see Ophelia's still being breastfed."

"And that's why I got apple juice for you."

"See Nicky! She does love me but doesn't know how to express it." Claire laughed.

They say around, drank their drinks and had a good chat. Time really flew by, in a while Sonya was back and sitting with them with a glass of wine in her hands.

"How was dinner?"

"It was civilised." She sipped on her wine, avoiding eye contact with any of them.

"Sonz. Speak. Now." Nicole giggled.

"The business part was fine, it was just the old men saying passive aggressive-polite comments to each other to and fro." Sonya said, "the real problem to me was Ilya." She sighed.

"What happened? Was he a jerk? Did you school him in front of his dad? Did he cry-"

"Alia, calm down with questions!" Claire hushed her.

"No! The problem is Ilya is not a derpy." Sonya sighed, "he was...alright."

"And that bothers you because?"

"He wouldn't even look at me!" She exclaimed.

"Is Sonya...begging for male attention?"

"NO! I'm not begging ew never. Just a little hurt someone that handsome-"

"She called him handsome, he's definitely more fine than a Prince then."

Sonya rolled her eyes and continued about how she was polite, courteous and witty the whole evening and yet Ilya said nothing. He didn't even try to hold conversation or show any sort of intrigue towards her.

"I don't know, have you thought maybe it's because your father is straight up planning to buy their ventures?" Claire shrugged.

"Could be," Sonya looked at her thoughtfully, "then oh my gosh he's got a fragile ego."