✨Part-39✨

"Hello Baby Eclair! We've been waiting to see you!" Nicole squealed on the phone.

"She's so tiny!" Sonya awed.

"Oh my! That's one adorable little baby!" Sonya beamed before continuing in Russian, blessing the baby and just saying about everything that was cute and small.

"She's this peaceful only when she's asleep." Claire smiled.

"I don't want to look at your face! Show me the baby!" Alia yelled.

"Oh, okay." Claire laughed turning the phone back to sleeping Ophelia, "I see how it is!"

"No offence Alia I kind of want to Claire about juicy things." Sonya intervened.

"Like?"

"Details about their relationship."

"Oh yeah, nice seeing you Ophelia. DISH OUT THE REAL STUFF!"

"What a flip flop!" Nicole laughed.

"How are things going with him?"

"I'd say fine? We haven't really gotten any time with each other, he had to get to Italy literally a day after we got home from the hospital." Claire sighed.

"How about conversations when he's away?"

"I'm going to call him up after the practice sessions to see how he's doing and yeah, we'll see what we can do about spending time together."

"Go easy! A baby is a lot of responsibility and it will change your life, both of you have to remember that." Nicole added thoughtfully.

"Yeah, not to add they don't come with an instruction manual." Claire laughed.

She spoke to them for some more time while rocking Ophelia in her arms, who looked like she was paying a lot of attention to their conversation.

Even though she wasn't alone, Claire felt like the house was empty. She was holding her baby in her arms and yet she felt like something was lacking. She felt like she was being needy, she knew he couldn't be around all the time but something in her still hoped he could.

Claire threw herself into work related things and taking care of Ophelia, she thought she could do it all by herself. She could, but she had no time for herself, her mom was right when she said that babies keep you very occupied even if it seems like they sleep all the time.

She finally had some downtime, she was exhausted and sleepy. The only logical thing to do was take a nap. Claire hopped to wake up refreshed but she was groggy, Ophelia was crying and Claire realised she had missed calls from Lando.

"Let's not cry so much Little Worm!" Claire scooped her out of the cradle and soothed her.

You: Sorry, I got really tired and took a nap, I completely lost track of time😬

Lando: it's alright, I understand!

You: Can I give you a call right now?

Lando: after dinner, I'll call, kind of in the middle of something rn

You: Okay, have a good time!❤️

Lando: I'll try, love you❤️

You: Love you too!❤️❤️

Claire went about the rest of her day in the same cycle of looking after Ophelia, housework, studying and emails. After dinner, she waited for his call but in vain.