✨Part-32✨

🦋👩🏼‍❤️‍👨🏻🦋

The young pair had fallen into routine now, spending their mornings devoted to their careers, checking in on each other in the afternoon and then smothering each other with love in the evening.

However, the routine lasted only a while before he had to fly around for the races. All the cuddles and kisses were replaced by endless hours of FaceTime calls.

Lando: what are you up to?

You: heading to the doctor's office, I have to meet here every once in two weeks now 🥲

Lando: biweekly already???? No way. Are we really that close already?

You: yeah, we are. And now I'm panicking, we haven't gotten anything ready! I haven't even decorated her nursery, forget about that we haven't even decided which room's going to be her nursery, we haven't baby proofed the house, we haven't got supplies, or any of that! I've been careless, horribly careless.

Lando: STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF! BREATHE, RELAX. You've been studying and working so hard! I'll be home in two weeks for the summer, I take full responsibility of her nursery and getting things we'll need. You just relax, sit back and don't worry yourself too much ❤️

Claire: I'm trying, I really am. And thank you, so so so much, I adore you. Like a lot❤️

Lando: now, how about after the appointment you go eat fries and drink a milkshake at the diner?

Claire: yes!

"Lover boy! We kind of need you here!" Jon called for him. Lando looked away from his phone to realise it was time to head down for the interviews. He wondered what more he had to change I adore you to I love you, maybe the plans he had arranged for would help.

The moment he entered the room for the conference, journalists were shooting questions left and right. He was glad to have been paired with his best mates, who managed to distract him from all the nerves and joke around to cut the tension in the air.

Claire headed straight to the diner after the check up, she slid into a booth and placed an order for her food. Coming to this place with him just felt completely different, sure the food was great but with him around it just felt better.

"Excuse me, is this seat free?" She heard a familiar voice ask. She turned around and let out an excited squeal when she saw who it was.

"Sonya I've missed you so much!" She beamed pulling her friend in for a hug. "How are you? How have you been?"

"Save some questions for us!" Alia entered the place, Nicole walked in behind her, waving at her with a big smile on her face.

Claire was crying tears of joy, she had missed them a lot. Sonya had mentioned once about visiting her but never spoke about it again. Seeing them all here made her extremely emotional, she gave them all bone crushing hugs and cried even more.

"This is the best day ever! I love you girls so so so much!" She exclaimed, "but how did- how? I'm so happy to see my girls but how did you know I was going to be here?"

"As much as I was against him, your boy is starting to grow on me." Sonya rolled her eyes.

"What she means to say is that, Lando planned this out for you. He's been in touch with us for a month, planning this surprise for you!" Alia explained.

"He's- I'm so lucky! I'm so happy and I'm so blessed to have such lovely people around me!" She cried even more. "My brain is a mush please excuse the copious amounts of crying." She wiped her tears away.

"Our silly little girl! How have you been?" Nicole asked.

"As you can see, bigger than ever but at the same time the most content I've ever felt." She smiled.

"It shows! You're glowing, your hair is shiny and you just look wonderful." Sonya complimented her.

They spent hours at the diner, catching up, talking about what was going on and all the gossip from life back in Dubai. She even confided in them about what went down in Montreal, Sonya's first instinct was again to be infuriated. But for a change it wasn't towards Lando.

The headed towards Woking, Sonya explained that Sevastian had found a homestay for them to be at. They were going to be there for a while and keep her entertained the whole time, she couldn't stop crying about how this day kept getting better and better.

Claire called them all over for dinner, Sevastian included, who had no idea about what happened to Claire after she left Dubai. The girls all headed to their place to freshen up before coming over to hangout with Claire again. She had some time before they would come over, it was a good time to talk to him.

You: good job! You've been so speedy today!

Lando: thank you! Hopefully I can replicate this pace tomorrow and on Sunday🤞

You: you're going to definitely!

You: what are you up to? Is this a good time to call you up?

Lando: yes! It's always a good time to call me up :)

She didn't even wait a second before hitting the call button, and it didn't take him less than a heartbeat to answer. They really were fools in love, yet neither of them brave enough to say it, or maybe it didn't need to be said.

"Thank you. Thank you so so so so much, you really go above and beyond. Just when I think that one of the gestures you've done is the sweetest, you raise the bar." She gushed.

"Anything to see you smile! But Alia sent me pictures of you sobbing so... I feel like it backfired majorly."

"They were happy tears! I swear! I promise!" She laughed.

"I'll take your word for it, I've got to go for now. It's Schnitzel time bye bye!" He ended the call.

The doorbell rang, just in time! Claire thought walking towards the door. She fluffed the pillows and set things in their place while walking through the house.

"Hey!" She opened the door to be greeted by Sevastian. He looked at her with her eyes widened, looked over his shoulder to see Sonya, who was stifling a smile. "It's so good to see you Sevastian! Come on in all of you!" She beamed.

He awkwardly smiled and walked into the house, giving her the bouquet of flowers- Sonya and he believed it wasn't good to visit someone's house empty handed. She thanked them for the flowers and got them all comfortable in the living room.

Dinner was served, all of them ate and talked freely except for Sevastian, who was still in shock and confusion. Claire sensed them and asked him what was the matter. She knew what was on his mind but messed with him any way.

"It's just...Seeing you after so long, only to see you- pregnant! Was a bit of a shock." He awkwardly laughed.

"I think we all were!" She laughed "including myself."

"If it's not very intrusive of me, who is the father?"

"It's...Do you watch Formula One?" She asked hoping to make it slightly easier for him to join the dots.

"Sometimes, I watch it casually but if you need tickets  I'm you guy! My buddy Galo works at McLaren, we went to business school together." He boasted.

"Funny thing! He works at McLaren too!"

"You met at work? How cute!"

"No...we met in Dubai."

"Really? What does he do at McLaren?"

"He um... drives for them-"

"GIRL STOP PLAYING AROUND AND TELL HIM ALREADY THIS IS AGONISING TO WATCH!" Alia yelled, "No offence Seb, but you're really dense."

"Fine! Lando! Lando and I are having a baby. This is his house!"

"What!" Sev looked like he had seen a ghost. Nicole and Sonya were having a great time laughing at the look on his face. It was going to take him a while to recover.

"Looks like you're not the only one with great connections now."