✨Part-23✨

✨🇲🇨✨

Claire's finals were over, it was Friday evening at last. She had been waiting for this day, it was time for her to head to the airport. Lando had arranged everything for her, she didn't have to worry about anything.

She grabbed her bags and headed down to the taxi, the thought of being there, watching him drive and hopefully feel sunshine on her skin after so long made her smile.

***

Sunlight poured in through the windows of the hotel room, it made Claire smile. For the first time in months, she had woken up to sunlight.

Lando: morning princess! I'm having breakfast right now if you want to join me

Claire: I'll be there in a minute :)

She hopped took a shower, put on one of the many dresses she went shopping for. Seeing clothing take the form of her belly made her feel happy, she could finally see her baby, well not yet but she could see that she was still here.

His eyes fell on her as she walked into the restaurant nervously, for the first time wearing clothes that emphasised on how pregnant she was.

"I know I look weird stop glaring at me." She laughed nervously taking a seat.

"Weird? No! You look beautiful." He smiled.

"Thank you." Claire blushed.

"It's qualifying today, I thought that I'd let you spend the day settling in and... that reminds me, what are you wearing tomorrow? For the big day." He asked.

"Probably another one of these dresses I have or a hoodie." Claire mumbled munching on granola.

"Hoodie?" He looked at her with arched eyebrows. "You are not wearing a hoodie! We're in Monaco! Dress fancy!"

"I don't have 'fancy clothes' Lando, none of them fit me anymore!"

"Then you're getting some!" He dug into his pockets. "It's all on me, get whatever. No I mean, everything you want." He smiled placing a black card in her hand.

"No- Lando! I can't-" she pushed the card back to him.

"This is non negotiable, you're taking this card and going shopping. I'll text you the credentials later." He said, getting up. "I have to run to the track now, see you soon!" He waved sprinting away.

Claire sighed and looked at the card on the table, it's not everyday someone just casually drops their exclusive credit cards for you to shop with.

Her phone buzzed, he had already sent her the credentials. She thanked the hotel staff for breakfast and decided to head out for the little exploration that was possible and go shopping.

***

"You did what!?" Jon asked in disbelief pressing down Lando deeper into a stretch.

"Ouch! Jon you're hurting me!" Lando yelped.

"I'm not saying she's going to rob you but why would you do that? Now if your credit card is maxed out, that's on you. And no, Uncle Buck is not going to pay your bills."

"She's not going to rob me! She didn't even want to take my card." He rolled his eyes.

"Then why were you being all generous?" Jon asked reducing the pressure.

"Hmm good question... you'll know tomorrow." He smirked.

***

Claire set down her shopping bag and sat at the table of a café, she ordered lunch and decided to call up her friends and talk to them, she hadn't been able to tell them about her trip.

"Hello Eclair, what are you up to?" Nicole asked.

"How were your finals? Are you keeping well?" Sonya chimed in.

"Is the weather any better?" Alia added.

"I'm sitting in a café, my finals went pretty well, I'm doing well and I wouldn't know about the weather in England." Claire smirked, knowing that this would push her friends to the edge.

"Where are you?" They asked in unison.

"I'm in Monte Carlo, Monaco!" She laughed.

"No way!" She heard Nicole squeal.

"No really! I'm in Monaco, Lando insisted I come with him."

"What happened to that Valentina lady?" Sonya asked.

"He was never with her, McLaren invited her."

"He still seemed a little too happy to see her though."

"I mean, if she came to see me I would be a little too happy too." Claire smirked.

"In case you don't remember you're pregnant right now."

"Such a buzzkill."

"What are you doing in Monaco! Are you with him?"

"I went shopping, now I'm hungry and then I'll head back to my hotel-"

"Shopping? Girl isn't it like super expensive!" Alia pointed out.

"By shopping I mean I got one dress to wear to the track tomorrow. I didn't have to pay for it but fully intend to pay him back."

"He took you shopping? Awe!" Alia cooed.

"No he didn't, he had to get to the track so he just gave me his credit card instead."

"Already living the trophy wife life, you learn quick don't you?" Nicole chuckled.

"Oh gosh." Claire rolled her eyes. "But don't you want to know how we got where we are?"

"You used the plane of course." Alia chimed in.

Claire let out a laugh and told them the whole story, the made up subject of music appreciation and how he came down to London to see her anyway.

After a good while of talking, eating and walking around she got to her hotel room. She watched Lando drive his car around, in attempt to set the best time he could to start at the best position tomorrow.

Claire's little worm was just as excited to see all the action, she was moving around, that made Claire smile. She couldn't wait for her to be here and hold her in her arms.

You: P5! Is that a good start?

Lando: it's alright, could have been better

You: you're too harsh on yourself, you're going to do well! You were so good!

Lando: you watched me qualify?

You: yes I did, I mean I tried to but Little Worm kept moving around, it's a very scary and painful feeling

Lando: are you alright? Are you doing fine?

Lando: I can cancel all commitments for today and rush to you

Lando: Are you in pain?

Claire: Lando! Breathe! I'm fine! I'm alright! Have a good day at work I'll see you at dinner

Lando: I won't be able to make it :/ Zak wants me to meet some investors over dinner, do you want to come?

Claire: oh, alright then! Have a good dinner, impress those investors, I'm far too comfortable in my bed to move

Lando: ahaha I'll see you tomorrow morning, please eat dinner before you get way too comfortable!

Claire: I will!