✨Part-48✨

📝🎓📝

Claire woke up next morning much relieved, she only had to make sure she got to her university in time and nothing else

Lando was still fast asleep and so was Ophelia, the house was quiet and peaceful for the first time in a very long time. She took her time getting ready for the day and decided to leave Lando a little surprise by making him some breakfast with a cheesy note; Just like he used to.

Good morning my nerd :)

I know you're probably going to be eating your breakfast at midday because of how much you're going to sleep.

For a change I decided to make you some breakfast before heading out, both of you just hang in there for today, Emma will be back tomorrow!

Enjoy your breakfast, stay calm and remember that you crying will only make our Little Worm cry even more. I'm taking the cab in case you need to run somewhere with Ophelia and need the sedan. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING HER OUT FOR A DRIVE IN YOUR MCLAREN.

Love you!
Claire :)

***

Lando woke up, surprisingly refreshed but he could hear Ophelia crying in the other room, this was the first time he was left completely alone with the baby.

He felt nervous, he didn't understand what she needed, she wasn't hungry, even swaying her in his arms didn't seem to calm her. For the first time, he had to change a diaper.

Now who possibly knew how to change a diaper? He decided to call up his brother Oliver.

"What's sleeping beauty doing awake so early?" He teased him.

"So hilarious." He rolled his eyes, "so, I'm holding my baby here, she needs to have her diaper changed. How the heck am I supposed to do that?"

"You don't know? Claire never asked you to?"

"Mate I'm not even around half that time!"

"That sounds so pathetic, anyway, let me guide you through it. Put me on speaker and get Ophelia on the changing table."

After a struggle of fifteen minutes, he was finally able to get a clean one on her. He thanked Oli and ended the call, he kept thinking about his brother's words.

That's pathetic. Was he really pathetic for not being around? His mind was racing at a million miles, he looked at his watch, Jon was going to be here to train him for a few hours.

"Okay Ophelia, looks like you're going to be working out with dad." He smiled at her.

Claire had often told him about how much she liked to smile, he had only seen it in the photos she shared with him. The most time he'd spend with her was probably when Claire needed to get something done and wanted him to hold Ophelia.

Today, for the first time as he talked to her in a silly voice and entertained her, she gave him her biggest smile. He didn't expect it, but it made him strangely emotional.

Jon was here and all Lando wanted to do was hold his little girl and make her smile some more, it was the most adorable thing he had ever witnessed in his life.

"My little baby smiled at me Jon! Stop taking pictures!"

"Alright papa, it's time to stop the tears and get ready for leg day."

"No. No! Not today! Can't we do arms or something?"

"It's leg day and we have a schedule for a reason, I'm going to quickly stock up the fridge while you get her bundled up."

"For what?"

"You can't leave her at home!"

"I was just going to put her in her pram and you know, head out."

"It's December Lando! The weather is COLD!"

He did as he was instructed and they headed to the gym, she was set aside in her little carrier and observed him train. She looked at Jon strangely but let out a content coo, almost as if to let him know she was familiar with him.

Lando made strange noises as while training, after all the pain needs some sort of escape. After a few seconds he heard a little laugh, he looked up to see where it was coming from.

His little girl sat in her carrier, looking at him and chuckling the sweetest little laugh he had ever heard.

"Jon, can we stop for a minute? Please?"

"Yes of course, she's laughing for the first time! That's a milestone!"

"What's Little Worm laughing at?" He laughed picking her up, "what's so funny?" He played with her tiny hands.

He bounced her up and down and covered her with kisses which made her giggle even more, he couldn't wait for Claire to get home and tell her all about today.

"Okay this is adorable! We're done for today, take your little baby home and make her laugh some more!" Jon exclaimed.

"Oh I will, I'm going to make my girls happy today." He smiled.

***

Another test done and dusted, with every day passing Claire was getting closer to graduating and having to make a decision she didn't want to think about yet.

"Claire! Is that your lover boy?" Cindy asked pointing to the car in front of the gate.

Claire looked up to see Lando, standing outside the gate with Ophelia strapped onto him in her carrier, fast asleep.

"We were bored and you wouldn't let us go on a drive in the McLaren so we figured we'd come pick you up instead." He smiled.

"How are my babies doing today!" She beamed sprinting towards him.

"We're doing good! The morning was rough and overwhelming but we got around it. How was your exam?" He kissed her forehead.

"It was good!"

"Should we get lunch before we head back?" He asked, "Cindy!" He waved at her.

"What's up?" She walked to the pair.

"Lunch was a disaster last time around, we will be on our best behaviour this time. Care to join us?"

"I don't care if you misbehave, as long as I'm getting free food count me in!"