✨Part-42✨

🏎💨🏁

Lando was off to Japan after a week of spending time at home

Lando was off to Japan after a week of spending time at home. He wanted to stay wrapped up in Claire because he felt like they almost never had any time together anymore, but the situation said otherwise.

He was needed at the factory and Ophelia needed her, she was easing back into attending lectures while they found a part time nanny who would look after Ophelia for a couple of hours in the day.

"Emma, you are my Mary Poppins!" Claire smiled.

"Oh please you flatter me Miss Martin." She laughed.

"There's no need to be so formal, you can call me Claire!"

"Okay...Claire, Ophelia's down for her nap she's probably going to wake up really hungry." She explained.

"Thank you! I'm almost done with classes too, finally some time to just sit down." She sighed.

"My work here is done, see you tomorrow!" Emma  smiled leaving the house.

Tomorrow, Claire beamed. Lando was going to be home after a good race, he had texted her that he was already on his way to the airport. This time around he remembered to tell her that some of the people at McLaren were going to visit them.

He said that he would get into the details later, right now he just wanted to get home and cuddle with her. She spent the rest of the day, going about her routine as usual.

He was home again, late into the evening. Ophelia and he, both craving her attention. She scolded them both playfully calling them brats.

"Shower, deal with your jet lag and then we'll have all the time in the world to cuddle." She laughed.

"No we won't, you'll have school and I'll have to go to the factory and then we'll have visitors-"

He was interrupted by Ophelia, who was wailing at the top of her lungs. Claire looked at him apologetically and dashed to her.

"What do you want my little princess?" She consoled Ophelia taking her into her arms. "Are you hungry? Is my little worm hungry?"

Lando let out a defeated sigh and headed for a shower, after a quick shower, he felt refreshed. There was no way he was going to be able to sleep now, he could still hear Claire speaking in a soothing voice to Ophelia.

He decided to play video games for a while, he didn't realise  three hours had elapsed. He couldn't hear Claire's voice anymore, he walked into their room to find her asleep.

He slid in next to her and tugged the blanket on. "Oh!" He heard her exclaim, "well, hello to you-"

"I'm kinda tired." He cut her off turning away.

***

The days flew past, Claire felt much at ease now that Emma was here to look after Ophelia when she had to get things done.

Lando was around too but he spent more time at the factory, they were trying to make some serious changes in the setup of the car before they headed to the American countries for the last stretch of the season.

It was Saturday morning, Lando was out for a run with Jon. He told her that everyone was going to visit them today. She spent the morning cleaning and getting the house to look presentable while Emma took care of the little one.

"Good morning!" He beamed walking into the house.

"Morning Sunshine!" She smiled at him.

"Please tell me Jon is coming too, he's seen Ophelia only twice and that was when she was screaming at the top of her lungs."

"Yes he's going to be here." Lando laughed.

"Breakfast for Mister Norris," she placed the bowl full off oatmeal and berries in front of him "and this smoothie too."

"It looks poisonous! It's green! I'm not drinking that." He pulled a face.

"Hey! This was made for you based on the schedule Jon placed on the fridge. Now be a good little boy and tough it down."

"Claire," he laughed, "you sound like a full proper mum."

She chuckled and sat down for some breakfast too, the two of them spent some time together, talking, catching up on how the week had been and what's to come.

"So I was thinking about it, it's been a while since I've seen Cindy."

"Your friend with the purple hair?"

"Yeah, she invited us for lunch next week."

"What day?"

"She said that she'll let me know soon."

"Alright! Sounds good! We'll go." He smiled.

"I'm so excited! It'll be Little Worm's first outing!"

***

A/n: sorry for the short update! I just needed  a good filler before the next part, the number of you that are tuning in every once in a while to read my ramblings is absolutely insane! Thank you so so so so much!