✨Part-55✨

It had been two days since Claire was gone, Lando tried to get whatever information on what could have happened. But it was of no use, the hotel concierge wouldn't disclose where she left and her friends were definitely not going to give him leads.

Her friends, she had to be with them! He headed down to tell Charlotte that he was going to get onto a flight to Dubai, and he was going to sort things out and bring her back.

"Charlotte! Charlotte I need to tell you something!" He knocked the door of her room.

"What is it Lando?" She opened the door in annoyance.

"I'm getting onto a flight to Dubai, I'm going to win her back-"

"No. Absolutely not!" She said sternly. Charlotte reached for her phone and decided to call up Andreas, "Morning Andreas! I need you to come here and listen to this man."

"What's so ridiculous about my idea?"

"One, that she told you she doesn't want to be around and the second that we have to get back to England. We've been delaying it because you wanted to find her, but she doesn't want to be found! Is that clear to you?"

"Good morning!" Andreas greeted them, "what's the matter Charlotte?"

"He wants to fly to Dubai and look for Claire."

"That's not happening, get packing we're going back to Woking."

"I don't care-"

"Listen Lando, we've got P3 in the constructors and with the regulations changing we want to compete for the title. And I'm sure you do to." Andreas explained, "isn't that what you've wanted your whole life?"

Lando felt helpless, why was he being pushed into this dilemma of what mattered more? He accepted his defeat and headed back to the room. It was time to get packing, the housekeepers had cleaned the room in the time he was gone.

Something shiny caught his eye on the table, he picked it up to see what it was. Almost instantly, it made him weak, he was holding Claire's earring. He placed it in his pocket, she was gone. But this couldn't be the end of it, maybe she needed space and he was going to give her that.

***

Claire was back at the airport, this time entering Montreal through a regular terminal. The last time around, she was nervous and scared to see her parents. And today, she couldn't wait to give them a big hug.

She could already see her mother waiting at the pick up bay, waving at her. Claire picked up her pace walking towards her.

"Welcome home Claire." She hugged her. "Now give me my little princess!"

She smiled weakly and handed Ophelia to her mother, the two of them walked back to the car. She loaded her bags in while her mother strapped Ophelia into the car seat.

"Dad's going to pick up dinner for us on his way home," Grace tried making conversation with her daughter. She looked at her, she was staring out of the window, looking rather dismal.

"Sweetie, how are you feeling? Do you want to talk about it?"

"Let's get home mom, it's a lot to unpack."

They were home after a tiring journey for Claire, she praised Ophelia saying that she was rather calm the whole journey. It wasn't as noisy and stressful as she was anticipating.

"You don't have to deviate so much Claire, just tell me you don't want to talk about it. I can respect that."

Claire's eyes were brimmed with tears, her mother understood that it was time for her to take care of her little girl. She embraced Claire and gently caressed her hair, Claire let out all her tears and cried for what felt like hours.

"You were right mom, we were from two different worlds. And I certainly didn't fit into his."

"It's his loss, you're a brilliant young woman." She consoled her.

"I can't believe I was so stupid! I'm mad at myself-"

"There's no use being angry Claire, you're not going to get anything out of that." She sighed.

"I've learnt my lesson, I promise mom. I'm going to give Ophelia everything she deserves, it'll be a little difficult to do it all by myself but I'm going to-"

"You're not alone sweetie! You have me and dad. We're going to make sure both our babies get everything they deserve." She placed a kiss on Claire's forehead. "And there's no rush, you don't have to go on a job hunt right now. Sit down, look after yourself, be there for your baby. Figure everything out, including your own emotions and then we'll look into career planning."

"That reminds me, my graduation happens like next weekend." Claire tensed, "I'm not going back, I don't want to."

"Call your professors, ask them what can be done. Also does anyone know you're here?"

"No? That's the whole point of running away."

"You did not run away Claire, you walked out of a relationship that was doing you more harm than good." She explained, "Now, like every person with self respect, you better let someone know where you are so that they aren't worried sick."

"I doubt that's the case." She rolled her eyes, "he admitted to having a fling when I was there, waiting for him that night, holding our baby in my arms."

"You don't have to tell him honey, but you have to tell the others right?"

"I'm-I'm so overwhelmed!" Claire wept. Grace embraced her daughter again, soothing her and letting her get it all of her chest.

She knew that she was in a fragile state, but she didn't think it was this painful. She knew that athletes didn't exactly have the best track records of being stable partners, but for once she was hopping that this would have been an exception. But clearly that wasn't the case.

"Okay, I'm good now." Claire wiped her tears away, "I'm not going to let him get the better of me, I'm going to send Charlotte a message."

You: Hey Charlotte, it's Claire

You: I've changed my phone number for obvious reasons. I just wanted to let you know that Ophelia and I are in Canada

Charlotte: Thank God you're alright! It's not my place to say anything but please take care of yourself

You: Thank you, and yes I will. Can you please not tell the others where I am?

The others. Charlotte scoffed, she wondered what went so terribly wrong that Lando was now reduced to "the others." Claire was definitely not going to tell her the events that went down and Lando was far too irritable to even hold conversation with. It was such a sticky situation, she wondered how long things were going to be like this.