✨Part-24✨

🍾🏆🍾

"Where's Claire?" Lando asked walking into his room

"She's probably in her room, you told her we're heading to the track at 2 right?" Jon said packing Lando's things for the track.

"Yeah I did, I saw her at breakfast but that's it. She said she wasn't feeling too good so she wanted to eat lunch in her room. We're leaving in 15 minutes!" He exclaimed pulling on a new polo.

"I'll get your backpack, you go check on her."

"Alright, see you in the lobby." He walked out of his room towards Claire's.

"Claire, we're leaving in 15 minutes." He knocked at her door.

"Um, Lando no. I-I can't." He heard her feeble voice.

"What's wrong? Open the door, let me in." He leaned against the door.

"I'm nervous, what if people make fun of me? What if you get criticized by people? Or worse the other drivers, itself!"

"Claire, open the door." He repeated, "let's talk about it,"

He heard the door click open, she was standing there in a beautiful dress but the fear and nervousness on her face was putting him off. She stood there frozen, he didn't say a word, just held her in his arms.

"It's all going to be fine, we're going to be fine! For now, we have to get to the paddock." He smiled.

She let out a sigh and nodded, they walked to the lobby. This was the first time Jon met the girl, Lando introduced them to each other, Jon was impressed by her, he thought she was smart and polite.

The streets were busier than she had ever seen them, a big portion of them barricaded for the track. It was all so confusing, she walked behind Lando who kept turning around to make sure she was following him.

A boat ride later they were at the gates of the paddock, decorated by a lot of photographers. All of them waiting to get a photo of the young man, they looked strangely at the blonde walking behind him.

Audible gasps escaped their mouths when he turned around to hold her hand and lead her into the place. She looked nervous and worried, he on the other hand was smiling from ear to ear.

"These lights are blinding me." She whispered to him.

"Just don't look at them, look at me, walk with me." He looked at her giving her hand a squeeze.

The shutters continued clicking, Claire finally felt a little more comfortable. It was loud, flashy and everything she imagined a Formula One event to look like.

Pretty people, pretty things and fast cars. It made her think of the partying scene back in Dubai, she wouldn't be surprised if she bumped into some classmates from back there.