✨Part-36✨

It was nearing the race weekend already, Lando was on his way back to his hotel after a day full of media duties. He felt more pressure than ever, it didn't help the journalists reminded him every now and then that he was going to be a father and it was a lot of responsibility.

He was aware of that, he knew that and he was going to try his best. Even if he was away a lot of the time, he was going to try and be as involved as he could to raise Ophelia.

Claire❤️: hi! How was your day?

You: tiring, but good! How was your day? Did you have your checkup today?

Claire❤️: I had a good day! And I have news... from the check up

You: go on, tell me!

Claire❤️: I've been kept under observation, so I'm at the hospital right now.

You: is everything alright? What's wrong? What did the doctor say?

Claire❤️: I'm fine! I was having contractions, Doctor Patel thinks that I might give birth on Monday

You: really!? No way! She's going to be here! Ophelia is going to be here! I'm going to get out of here as soon as I can!

Claire❤️: no, you're going to focus on having a good qualifying session and an even better race first❤️❤️❤️

You: literally, what great things have I done to deserve you?

Claire❤️: 🤷🏼‍♀️ I'm tired now, I'm going to sleep, the hospital beds are more comfortable than I expected 😂

You: sleep well! Take care and I'll be by your side as soon as I can ❤️

Claire❤️: thank you and I love you! Have a great weekend ❤️❤️

You:😘😘

Claire❤️:🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

You: why are you like this? I love you too and take care❤️

Lando let out a little chuckle, he felt a tingle in his heart. He couldn't decide if it was nervousness or excitement, to be honest, he was feeling both. He felt like telling everyone he could, but decided against it.

After a quick shower, it was time for him to head down for dinner. Jon was already there, he greeted him with a big smile and big hug.

"Someone's in a really good mood!" Jon laughed freeing himself from the tight hug.

"Ophelia is going to be here! Claire and I are going to be parents!"

"Really? That's great!"

"The doctor says she's going to possibly give birth on Monday, so we're going to fly down as soon as we can!"

"Okay but please remember to focus on racing first!"

And he did, well try to at least. The practice sessions were good and the qualifying session was a thrill, he managed to set the third fastest time.

Jon was worried that Lando was way too focused on the arrival of his child, but he knew, that once the visor was down, everything else blurred away.

***

"It's race day! Do they air races?" Claire asked shifting in her bed.

"Stay put dear! Let me have a look." Cisca smiled getting up to switch on the TV.