✨Part-50✨

Seven hours, which didn't feel that awful because of all the extra room had come to an end. Claire was in Abu Dhabi at last, the rest of his family had arrived in the morning itself.

Cisca and Flo, his sisters were assigned the duty of picking her up, she was excited to see them after so long. The two of them were already beaming from ear to ear when they saw her at the arrival terminal.

"We missed you both so much!" They hugged her.

"We've missed you too! How are you doing?" She asked.

"Coping, herbal tea is definitely not helping with the jet lag." Flo laughed.

"Enough about us, how was your flight?" Cisca asked.

"It was great! I thought Ophelia would create a fuss but she slept the whole time and it wasn't a hassle at all!" Claire admitted.

"That's great! Let's get your stuff in the car."

The surroundings finally felt a little familiar yet alien to Claire, she could tell which highway route would take her back to Dubai, where her friends were.

They asked her if she had ever visited Abu Dhabi, Claire nodded. She used to come here with her friends often for the concerts and water parks.

A year had passed since then, she still couldn't grasp how different life was now. Maybe around this time, if things didn't go down the way they did Alia and Nicole would have been on the lookout for a new party or event for them to go to.

She thanked them for picking her up from the airport and wished them a good night, she made her way to the reception. Right before she was interrupted by a familiar voice, the voice that felt like home.

"Should I take your bags?" He smiled.

Claire didn't utter a word, just held him in a long hug. She was exhausted, happy but above all glad. Glad that she was here, with him, in a hotel, certain that neither of them was going to sneak away in the early hours of the day.

"How was your flight?" He asked placing a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"It was good, but Lando! You didn't have to spend all this money! Economy would have been just fine."

"When will you ever get comfortable with the idea of me just wanting to do something nice for you?" He pouted.

"It's just- thank you." She smiled, "It's almost 2 Lando, you need to get your sleep!"

"I don't have to get to track until 10, I'm all yours-"

"No we're going to bed, straight away! You need your sleep and so do I." She yawned.

"One last, okay well two last surprises." He smiled leading her into the lift.

"What?"

"Number one, I upgraded us to a suite-"

"Lando! You've got to stop spending your money so irrationally!"

"It's worth it! Believe me! The view of the skyline from the balcony up there is everything."

She looked at him and shook her head, the lengths he would go to just to make sure she was smiling. It worried her, she even voiced out her concerns about it but they seemed to have no effect on him.

"Before you rudely interrupted me," he continued as he unlocked the door, "the second surprise is that your friends are going to be at the track on Sunday."

"No way!" Her face lit up.

"Really! They're going to be here!" He beamed.

"I love you, so so so so muchhh!" She gushed flinging his arms around him.

"Thanks I love me too." He smirked.

"Using my words I see." She laughed. "Doesn't matter, it means you love me anyway."

"Ophelia looks like she's about to burst crying, how about I look after her while you get changed and wind down?" He offered.

"You'd do that?"

"Claire, it's our baby. I'm just as responsible for her as you are! Of course I would! Now go relax I'm going to spend time with my favourite little girl." He smiled.

He picked her up, she was sleepy but most definitely fighting her sleep. He decided to pace around the suite while holding her, hoping it would make her drowsy and fall asleep.

He talked about how his day had been, what he has been up to while she was away and how much he missed her. While Ophelia continued looking at him and absorbing every word as if she understood what he was saying.

Claire walked out of the bathroom to see the father and daughter duo fast asleep on the couch, she let out a little chuckle and decided to take a picture before waking him up.

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty, I think the bed is far more comfortable for you while the Cot seems like a safer place to place her."

"Huh? I really fell asleep?" He rubbed his eyes, he looked at Ophelia, she too was asleep. "Well, at least I got her down."

***

"Come on Lando, wake up." Claire kissed his cheek, "you're going to be late." She chuckled.

"Doesn't matter." He laughed pulling her on top of him. He held onto her as she laughed, he let out a content sigh.

"We can cuddle all you want after your weekend-"

"Shhh!" He placed a finger on her lip, "I'm happy right now, I'm happy as we are. Let's just stay like this a little longer."

"Well can you at least open your eyes?"

He smiled, finally opening his eyes, groggy but happy. She could look into his eyes, all day, didn't matter if they were tired, happy or sleepy, they felt familiar, they felt safe.

Their moment was cut short, his phone was ringing. It was his trainer Jon, definitely wanting to know where he was and what he was up to.

"Yes Jon?" He answered the phone.

"Where are you?"

"I'm coming give me five minutes."

"Stop lying, I know you're still in bed."

"How do you know!?" Lando sat up.

"You sound sleepy and you've got your girlfriend over-"

"Oh my gosh please Jon!" Lando exclaimed, "I'll be down in 10 minutes. I swear!"

"Alright lover boy!" He ended the call.

He looked at Claire who seemed to have found this exchange rather funny, for she couldn't stop laughing.

"Alright I'm going to go hop into the shower for a bit, do you want to join?" He smiled cheekily "kidding! Unless?"

"You're getting late! Shower. Now!" She handed him a towel, pushing him towards the bathroom door.

"Fine." He groaned, "but when will I see you again?"

"In a few hours, once Ophelia is up." She smiled.

"So who's coming to track with me?"

"Oli and your dad, speaking about them he's messaging me right now they're waiting for you! Fast!"

"What are all of you going to do?"

"I'm eating brunch with all the ladies, join my friends and then get to track before qualifying starts."

"That's so many hours away!"

"We've stayed apart for longer you do realise that right you clingy boy?"

"I'm a man."

"Okay then, I'll see you in a few hours clingy man. Try and stay alive don't die of heartbreak from separation."