✨Part- 29✨

✨🍁✨

"Good evening Claire, we're in Montreal!" He chirped giving her a peck on the cheek.

"What?" She woke up, "about time! My ankles and back can't feel a thing." She complained.

"I did offer to carry you but you keep refusing." He laughed.

"People offer to carry bags Lando, not the person!" She chuckled, "Also, thank you." She kissed his head.

"What for?"

"Everything." She smiled.

Things had been going well since moving to Woking, she had her classes sorted, the doctor's visit was great and professor Barker insisted on her taking up an internship, which too, was going great.

Not to mention she was just disembarking a private jet on the asphalt that felt familiar yet so alien. She was back home, but leading a completely different life.

He was the first one off the air-stair, offering his hand. She placed her hand on his, only to receive more kisses on it. She let out a laugh and held it tight while they walked towards the car that was waiting to take them to the terminal.

They waited at the lounge for a while for the rest of the team. Claire was once again, tired, hungry and in discomfort from all the travelling.

"I can't hear you yap I've had enough." He looked at her sternly.

The sudden change in tone startled her, she looked at him in confusion. She felt bad for complaining so much and started profusely apologising, he placed his finger on her lips.

"That's not what I meant, I've got my car keys and we've got quite a lot to walk." He closed the gap between them, "a lot of them are still arriving so we'll have our luggage sent with them." He placed his hand on her back.

"What are you doing?" She looked at him.

"Just making sure my girlfriend is comfortable." He laughed scooping her up in a bridal carry. She let out a chuckle and clasped her arms around him.

People looked at the strange pair of kids running through towards the car park, the girl couldn't seem to stop laughing and young man had a big smile on his face.

"That was fun!" He exclaimed helping her sit in the car.

"You really are something else, I thought you were actually mad at me."

"Now why would I be mad at someone that makes me the happiest person alive?" He winked at her before focusing on the road ahead.

They checked into their room, cleaned up for the day. To Claire's surprise, their suitcases were here before they were. He admitted that he wanted to drive the car for just a little longer so they had a slight detour.

"So my friends are already at the restaurant, they're asking if we want to join them for dinner. Do you want to go?" He asked checking his phone.

"I don't know, you see, I am hungry but at the same time I'm scared of them." She confessed.

"Why are you scared of them? They've been dying to meet you!"

"Really? I just thought what if they absolutely hate me and think I'm ruining your life?"

"Claire," he took her hand, as if to tell her to sit down next to him. "You're not ruining my life, at all." He smiled at her, "so what do you say?"

"Let's go then, what's the worse that could happen?" She laughed running her fingers through his hair. He looked like he was going to melt under her touch.