✨Part-19✨

"He said he didn't want to see anyone else!" Claire cooed over the phone.

"Don't tell me you're actually believing his bullshit!" Sonya exclaimed.

"Why would you say that? He's been so caring and sweet to me, he went above and beyond-"

"I know my Little Mustard you've been giving me an in depth account of everything he's done for you, but please don't get carried away. Stay cautious."

"Yes mum I will be careful." She laughed.

"I have to go for now, I'll talk to you again soon bye! Take care!" Sonya ended the call.

Claire looked at her watch, lunch was up she had to head back to the building. Cindy was already in class and had saved her a spot.

"Blondie! Melissa was asking if you can come hang out after."

"Not today, I have to head to the office." Claire lied. She had a check up right after class, her bump was now a little visible.

Something she felt very conscious about but acted indifferent hoping no one would notice. She asked the girls back home, Alia said that she just looked bloated from eating. That somehow made Claire feel a little better.

The check up went by well, Doctor Patel told her that all her tests had come back just fine and the baby was perfectly healthy too.

Claire walked home with a spring in her step, everything was going great. After her birthday celebrations, she took a little more interest in what Lando did. She couldn't wait to go home and watch his races from last season.

Lando on the other hand, was trying to take interest in finance and sent her articles and news pieces that had the word "money" in the headline.

Lando: hey you! how did the check up go?

You: it was good! I'm healthy, the baby is also in good health!

Lando: that's great! I have a question

You: go on

Lando: what is inflation?

You: inflation is the sustained upward movement in the overall price level of goods and services in the economy. It has the effect of devaluing a particular currency

Lando: oh. thanks!

You: you didn't understand did you? 😂

Lando: now is not the time to bully me!

You: basically things get expensive, but the currency is becoming of a lesser value so you can't buy as many things as you want.

Lando: let's just print more money then.

You: I am 🤏 this close to going insane right now.

Lando: Ha! Daniel was right, it's pretty easy to trigger finance people

You: ....F1 is just driving around in circles.

Lando: ....

Lando: Okay so we've both said hurtful things to each other no need to be violent

You: YOU STARTED IT!

Lando: and I will end it, will you look at that? I have to go now ttyl

The underground train came to a halt, Claire got off and walked to her house. She took a good minute to relax until her phone started going off, it was Nicole sending her lots of images and a question "is this you?"

Great. Just when she thought things were going great, Nicole had found lots of images of her and Lando, again she was looking in another direction so her face wasn't that visible but he was very clearly visible.

You: yes, that's us 🤦🏻‍♀️

Nicky: what's the matter?

You: why do we keep getting photographed!?

Nicky: oh I don't know maybe because HE'S A CELEBRITY.

You: oh. Yeah. Well, um I want to cry again because like I'm not comfortable about it

Nicky: send them to Charlotte! She'll know what to do. Sending you bigggggg hugs it's all going to work out just fine!♥️

You:♥️♥️♥️

She forwarded all the images to Charlotte, who called her back with Lando on the line too. She didn't sound very happy.

"Why can't you both just stay at home!"

"It was her birthday Charlotte! Who stays home on their birthday!" Lando argued.

"Oh I don't know, people who are pregnant , famous and don't want to tell the world yet?" She scolded him.

"I'm so sorry Charlotte, I'll keep going out to a minimum. But another question arises..."

"What is it Claire?"

"Right now I'm able to play it off as being bloated and by wearing baggy clothes but Doctor Patel said I might start properly showing in a few weeks..."

"We'll figure something out about that, maybe online lectures?"

"Doesn't sound too bad, I'll attend classes as long as I can. Physically."

"Yeah if someone asks too many questions, you just ate the best meal of your life." Lando chimed in.

"Not very helpful of you." Charlotte sighed.

"We're off to Spain for testing in a few days, hopefully it's all gone and settled down by then."

"Yes, hopefully. Now take care of yourself and do your coursework don't worry too much about all of this."

"Thanks, I'll try my best Charlotte." Claire ended the call.

Why can't things stay fine for more than a few days? Why can't she exist without running into any sort of issues. She still didn't know where she stood with Lando, he said nothing after that vague statement of his.

"I'll figure this all out before you have to come out to the real world little one." She caressed her belly.

Little one. This was the first time she spoke to the baby, it made her tear up again.  The realisation that there was a baby growing, she was going to take care of it.

"I spoke to my baby for the first time and now I can't stop crying." Claire laughed at herself.

She was determined, to do well. Not only for herself but the little life that was growing inside of her, she was never going to complain about being alone, because in reality she never was. Her little one was always right there, she just had to acknowledge the little one.