✨Part-56✨

"Lando please stop pouting at the dinner table." His mother said.

"I'm not pouting!" Lando frowned.

"Less speaking, more eating! Merry Christmas." Adam raised his wine glass.

Christmas dinner, he was trying his best to not be so annoyed and upset. They had made plans, they would celebrate Christmas with his family, they would decorate the tree and have a good time.

All of this was overwhelming, he just got up and left the table. He could hear his mother grumbling about how all she wanted was one decent dinner and then he could complain all he wanted.

You: anyone up for some cod or anything?

Asian Tom cruise: it's Christmas! Spend time with your family

You: well apparently I'm a pain to be around

Jack Russell: that you are. You meet all the criteria for annoying

Charles LeChair: Give him a break you guys! Lando, as much as it sucks, please try and have a good Christmas think less about she who shall not be named

Asian Tom cruise: I think you mean he who shall not be named

Jack Russell: we aren't talking about Voldemort.

Asian Tom Cruise: oh

Asian Tom Cruise: OH

Asian Tom Cruise: I'm sorry 😐 yeah don't think about her, have fun kiss Charles!

Jack Russell: WHAT?

Charles LeChair: WHAT?

You: I don't even want to talk about it goodbye

Charles LeChair: NO HELLO MATE YOU OWE ME AN EXPLANATION

Charles LeChair: wtf both of you come back right now! What does that mean!?

On any other day, Lando would have found it hilarious even if it was at his expense. But right now was not the time, he didn't even know where he stood and how he was supposed to move on.

Charlotte had told him that she was back in Canada, safe and sound but he was too scared to even approach her. What was he supposed to say? How could he be sure that her friends wouldn't end him?

Above all he was terrified of Sonya, she had already sent him some pretty cryptic messages that seemed like a warning to stay away from Claire.

He heard a knock on the door, he asked who it was. His brother Oliver opened the door a creek and entered anyway.

"What's up?" He tried acting cool, plopping himself on the bed.

"Oli, you are lame." He scoffed.

"Lando, you aren't the most fun person to be around right now."

"Why are you attacking me!?"

"I'm telling you as it is! It's been two weeks of people tiptoeing around you." He says up, "in fact Flo and Cisca were arguing about who should call you for dinner because they find you scary."

"Oh." Lando raised his eyebrows, "I-I didn't realise it had gotten that bad."

"We're here for you Lando, snapping at anyone isn't going to make anything better." He patted his shoulder, "let it all out, everything on your mind, say it out loud. It stays between us."

"I don't know where to begin." He sighed, "it's all a mess and it's all my fault."

"What happened?"

"That evening I don't remember exactly why but I had Claire's phone in my head and I read these message notifications and they made me upset."

"What did they say?"

"Sonya and she were discussing our relationship, and, and-" he stuttered, "she was unhappy, she didn't like where we were headed."

"And what did you do about it?"

"That's where the problem is, I'm such a jerk!" He yelled at himself.

"Lando, calm down, deep breaths."

"Instead of asking her what went wrong, I froze her out." Lando held his head in his hands. "I was the one who messed it all up-"

"Just a minute I'll be right back!" Oli explained almost halfway out of the room.

Great, he was alone again. All by himself and his horrible emotions. He felt remorse, buckets of it, his eyes were burning, he couldn't seem to stop crying. It was the holidays, people were surrounded by the people they loved and that sense of belonging and love was in the air. And here he was, sitting in his childhood bedroom and sobbing his eyes out.

"I'm back." Oli entered the room holding his daughter in his arms.

"Hi Lando." She waved at him, "why cry?"

"I-I miss-"

"Where baby? Da- where baby?" She looked at Oliver.

"Which baby are you talking about Charlie?"

"Baby!" She pointed at Lando. "I want baby!" She cried.

"Oh Charlie you're not the only one that wants baby back." Lando smiled wiping his tears away.

"Shhhh baby will be back, let's not cry and try sleeping? Mum is tired and dad is getting tired too." Oliver rocked her in his arms.

"Otay." Charlie agreed, resting her head on his shoulder.

"New reason to cry unlocked!" Lando laughed.

"What's wrong?"

"I- I want to hold my baby. I wonder what she's doing now?" He pulled his phone out, "it's like 3 pm in Montreal, she would be down for her nap and Claire- she, she would probably..." he trailed off.

"Let it all out." Oliver expressed.

"It's not just Claire, I miss Ophelia. I miss having my mini me around." He sighed, "I know I wasn't around as much, but the time I did spend with her was everything. You know she recently started laughing? Like a lot! She even likes kicking her little feet around."

"You really did love her didn't you?"

"Ophelia? Yes of course the moment I held her."

"I'm talking about Claire."

"I do, but what's the point? Getting blackout drunk has always had a bad effect on my personal life."

"Because getting blackout drunk is not an ideal situation Lando."

"I'm so fucking pathetic-"

"Shhhh! Don't curse around the baby!"

"I'm pathetic. I miss the birth of my own child, I get drunk and then do god knows what but hurt the girl of my dreams so much she literally leaves."

"Lando-"

"Leave me alone for a while, please." He begged. "There's a lot. A lot to unpack here and cry about."

"I'm always here if you need me."

"Yes of course, thank you." He hugged his brother.

He laid in bed, awake. Staring at the ceiling, some Christmas this was. He closed his eyes, and all that came to his mind was the first time he met Claire, the big brown eyes that were tear brimmed. He couldn't help but think that's how she probably looked when she left, and what hurt him was, both the times, he was the reason behind the tears.