✨Part-51✨

Claire decided to get dressed for the day before Ophelia was awake, after deciding on a cute outfit and being done with hair and makeup she decided to call up her friends and see what they were up to.

"We're on our way! And as always we've got Sonya driving us in her karenmobile-"

"FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME ALIA STOP INSULTING MY CAR!" She heard Sonya yell in the background.

"I literally feel like I'm sitting in the car, Alia's shotgun, Nicole and I are in the back and Sonya has indulged in two incidents of road rage already." Claire laughed.

"She's been good! So far she's only flipped off only one person." Nicole added.

"We're already in Abu Dhabi, we'll be there in another 20 minutes." Sonya explained.

"Okay! I'll see you then, I have to get Ophelia ready for the day."

"See ya both real soon!" Alia ended the call.

Ophelia was much more vocal now, she loved babbling. Claire loved talking to her, she had started to recognise her voice better and smiled every time.

"Good morning my baby!" She beamed carrying her, Ophelia let out a delighted coo. "Someone's really happy today, let's keep this energy going." She covered her in kisses.

Now that she had better coordination with her hands and legs, Ophelia loved randomly kicking about and moving her arms. It gave Claire a hard time getting her dressed for the day but she was glad she was able to express herself without crying.

She grabbed her stuff and headed to the Loby, the Norris ladies were already there, waiting to see them.

"Good morning!" Claire greeted them.

"Good morning Claire! Please let me hold my little grand baby." Cisca awed.

"Oh she's all yours!"

"Should we head out now?" Flo asked.

"Yes, I'm starving!" The younger Cisca interjected.

The group headed to the restaurant, Claire received a text from Sonya. They were already here and had found themselves a table.

The big group of ladies was united at the restaurant, it was a simple yet elegant place to dine at. The brunch hours were filled with lots of other groups of people enjoying an outing, the little baby had gone all quiet, she observed everything that was going on around her.

Claire introduced all of them to each other, right of the bat Alia was a hit among the group for her colourful personality and ability to make everyone laugh.

"She's such a beautiful child." Sonya complimented Ophelia who was currently babbling away in Claire's arms. "Her eyes, oh my my!" She cooed.

"They're just like Lando's." Claire bubbled, "I was hoping the whole time I was pregnant with her that they'd look just like his." She blushed.

The table let out a couple of oohs and aahs fully aware that it made her blush even more, at this point she was as red as a beet.

After a good brunch, it was decided that Claire should spend some more time with her friends while his family made their way to pick up Savannah from the airport.

The fact that Savannah and her toddler were going to be here too made Claire happy, she was glad that Ophelia would be able to interact with another child.

With his family gone, Sonya asked her the questions that had been bothering her since their last conversation about how she had been.

"So...how have you been?"

"I've been good! It's strange, a lot has changed but I'm getting the hang of it."

"How have you and Lando been?"

"This question again?" She glared at her friend.

"The last time we spoke about it, you had a mental breakdown. I just want to check in and see if you're doing better!"

"It's... Turbulent, we have our fights but then we have our cute moments like just this morning, we stayed in bed and cuddled for a while until people started to think he had gone missing."

Sonya thoughtfully nodded before saying, so your relationship is running on little crumbles of joy here and there?

Her words offended Claire, it made her break eye contact. The words, even if she didn't want to believe were reality hurt like pins. She excused herself to go to the bathroom, that's when Sonya realised how much the affected her.

"Claire no, I didn't mean to hurt-"

"Stop trying to sabotage my relationship! Just say you can't see me happy!"

"I want to see you happy that's why I keep asking you!" Sonya spoke with purpose, "I'm not saying relationships are perfect all the time but you shouldn't be fighting each other every two weeks either!"

"I'm with Sonya on this one." Nicole added, "it's not good for you or the baby, she's just trying to look out."

"Look out by what? By literally gaslighting me?"

"I'm not gaslighting you for fuck's sake you're doing that to yourself! He missed the birth of his child because he was sloshed and lying in the corner of some bar-"

"I've had enough." Claire raised her hand to silence Sonya. "I'm paying the cheque and leaving. Talk to me when you're done critiquing the man I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"The rest of your life!? CLAIRE WAKE UP!"

She couldn't stand to spend another minute here, she did exactly as she had said before, pay the bill and leave.

Nicole and Alia looked at Sonya in disappointment, she had raised some very valid points but had said them a little too brutally. Claire definitely didn't take them well.

Claire got dressed for the track, Flo was to accompany her for the other ladies headed straight to the track after picking up Savannah.

She spent the rest of the evening rather reserved, lost in her own thoughts. She smiled for the cameras as they walked into the paddock, but it felt hollow. For her mind was elsewhere, still thinking about Sonya's words.

Lando was in his garage, with his engineer. The minute he noticed them walk in, he made a beeline for Claire, to give her a kiss and maybe brag a little to the rest of the garage about what a perfect girlfriend she was.

He noticed she was uncomfortable, rather withdrawn too. He asked her what's wrong but she just shook her head saying she was nervous about  how Ophelia would react to all of the noise.

He looked at Ophelia, who had her ear protectors on and was so far enjoying all the attention she was getting, he played with her for a while before being called back.

Claire walked to Savannah, who was holding her little girl, who was just a year old. It amazed Claire how fast babies grew over a span of months.

"Baby!" Charlie giggled pointing to Ophelia.

"Yes, she's a little baby, her name is Ophelia what's yours?" Claire asked.

"Chalee." The little girl beamed. "Kiss?"

"Kiss?" Claire looked at her.

"Oh, she's asking if she can give Ophelia a kiss, it's her way of saying she's fond of the person." Savannah explained.

"She's a smart girl! Yes of course Charlie." She beamed.

You couldn't see who was more excited to see who, the children were getting along great. The whole interaction going on made Claire really happy, she couldn't wait to tell Lando about how much the babies loved playing with each other.