✨Part-16✨

🎓📝🎓

A few days had gone by, the panic fizzled out. Claire wasn't so worried about it anymore, she was back to being a normal student. For the most part that is, barring the morning sickness.

Another cold day, another walk to the campus and another day of thinking will she ever fit in.

"Hey McLaren!" Someone yelled. Claire looked around in confusion. "Blondie! I'm talking to you." She heard the same voice yell.

A few minutes later she saw a girl approaching her, the girl's hair was dyed purple. Claire just stood there awkwardly. When the girl was close enough she decided to say that her name is Claire, not blondie.

"You're American?" The girl asked ignoring Claire's words.

"I'm Canadian." Claire explained, "Can I know why you created such a ruckus, funky hair?"

"Ooh! Funky hair that's a nice nickname, my name is Cindy." She looked at Claire. "Also your McLaren boyfriend looks very familiar, that's why I yelled McLaren."

"He's not my boyfriend." Claire got all defensive.

"Oops, okay then. We're in the same economics class, do you want to get lunch together today?"

Claire was finally smiling, she had successfully made a friend. Cindy was strange but she was nice, Claire nodded and walked into the building with her.

The rest of her morning went by pretty well, she attended lectures and was able to pay attention without getting sick.

She was done with lectures for the day, Claire waited outside for Cindy who wasn't very hard to miss because of her hair. Cindy waved at her and they were on their way, they found a table at one of the many eateries around their campus.

"So Claire, what bring you to London?" She asked.

"Work, I'm an intern at McLaren." Claire smiled playing along with her crafted lie.

"That's great! Should we order some food?" Cindy asked giving her the menu.

Claire didn't feel like she could keep any of the food on the menu down, so she settled for an ice cream. Cindy looked at her funny but ordered it any way.

"What about you Cindy? Are you from here or you moved here?"

"I grew up in London, nothing really brought me here." She laughed.

They spoke for a while and got to know each other better, Claire was even more surprised when she realised that Cindy lived quite close to her apartment.

They were having a good conversation when Claire's phone started ringing, it was McLaren boy. Claire didn't pick up because well, Cindy didn't have to know what was actually going on.

"Sorry, it's nothing go on!" Claire smiled urging Cindy to speak.

"Yeah so as I was saying, you should join us! Come out clubbing with me and my friends." Cindy smiled.

Clubbing, the last time Claire went clubbing we all know what happened. She was happy that Cindy was being so friendly towards her but she didn't know what to say to her.

"I'd love to come out with your friends but I don't drink." Claire smiled.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't know that. But you should still join us, I quite like your vibe!"

"Thank you! I like your vibe too!"

The two of them chatted away until Claire felt tired and wanted to head back. Cindy walked her back, she thanked her for lunch and they were off.

Claire freshened up and changed into comfortable clothes, she realised she had lots of messages from Lando.

Lando: hey you, I tried to call you up but you didn't answer
Lando: are you still in class?
Lando: can you call me when you're free?
Lando: why am I so annoying? please ask me to shut up?

Claire let out a little chuckle and called him up.

"Oh hey! How are you doing today?" He asked her.

"I'm doing good! In fact it's been a really good day." She smiled, "how are you doing?"

"I'm doing much better now that you've called me up."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She smirked.

"Nothing. I never said anything!" He laughed.

"You're so weird I worry sometimes."

"Ouch." He cried, "but before I forget, I need to ask you something."

"Go on, ask away."

"So, um I know it's weeks away but once we do a livery reveal I'll be really busy."

"Yes, I know that."

"Can we hang out again?" He asked nervously.

He could hear Claire chuckle, did she think he was pathetic? Why was she giggling? Why wasn't she saying anything.

"Lando, you don't have to ask! Just tell me when you're coming to town."

"Next week so February?"

"Alright then, but when is your car launch? I might need you in town again for my birthday celebration."

"On the fifteenth of February." He said.

"Oh. Never mind then, let's consider this hang out a birthday celebration!" Claire smiled but her voice had a tinge of sadness.

The idea of celebrating her 21st birthday all by herself made her really sad, before things went haywire she and the girls had planned on making it the most special day. She wasn't going to cry or complain, she thought that she had made everyone's life hard enough.

"No. You're getting a good birthday celebration. You will not be sad on my watch!" He exclaimed. "When is your birthday?"

"Fourteenth of February, it's all too close don't worry about-"

"The rehearsal is in the evening, I'm yours the whole morning. No buts no ifs I'll be there! I have to go for now we'll talk later." He ended the call.

I'm yours the whole morning, Claire couldn't help but think about his words over and over. He was so charming, it didn't help that he wanted to be around all the time and then it struck Claire.

They knew they were keeping the baby, they knew they were going to be parents but she didn't know where they stood. What were they to each other?