✨Part-64✨

"Good morning! Sorry I didn't call earlier Monaco was hectic." Lando explained.

"Ah no worries, but good job! That was one hell of a drive from you." Claire smiled, "I'll leave Little Worm and you to it." She placed the phone in front of Ophelia.

"Hello my baby! How are you doing today?" He asked her, she looked at the phone blankly. She picked it up with an attempt to put it in her mouth.

"No no! You have toys for that!" Claire huffed giving Ophelia one of her many freezer toys. "She's reached that point in teething where she bites everything. And by everything I mean people too."

"Awe! My little piranha." He laughed, "Hey sorry I didn't call the other day."

"What day?"

"Last week, I noticed I had a missed call from you..."

"Oh! That! Ophelia wanted to talk to you but I figured you must be flying." Claire lied.

"She asks to talk to me?" He raised his eyebrows in amusement.

"Not really..." Claire squinted here eyes trying to coming up with a convincing tale. "She was crying a lot, I assumed it was because she hadn't spoken to you in a while."

"That reminds me, I'm flying to Montreal in a day." He beamed, "I want to meet Ophelia and you."

"Um-I mean-yeah-why not!" Claire nervously laughed, just then her mother walked into the kitchen, grabbing her lunch on her way out to work.

"Who are you talking to honey?" She asked.

"Lando." Claire said.

"Oh really? Can I talk to him? Just a second." She took the phone from Claire's hand, walking out of the place. Claire was surprised and Lando looked equally perplexed.

"Nothing to worry about Lando, I'm not going to admonish you." Grace reassured him.

"Oh, okay. How are you doing Mrs. Martin?" He asked trying to ease out of the awkwardness.

"Oh I'm good! How about you? Okay I'm going to cut the chitchat and get to the point."

"I'm fine, but please continue ma'am."

"I don't know what happened between the two of you but I definitely underestimated how much you mean to her." She continued, "In the back of my head, there will always be this worry that the two of you are too young for this."

He nodded to reassure her that he was following her, "do you love my daughter?"

"Yes. More than words can express." He blurted. "Okay that was really quick I didn't mean to scare you-"

"Oh not at all, it's reassuring!" She laughed, "the problem is, both of you are too stubborn to admit it to each other. I hate to meddle but here I am." Grace sighed.

"I'm not stubborn, I could remind to her everyday that I'm in love with her and I don't see myself with anyone but her. And I'll wait for her, as long as it takes."

"She loves you Lando, she loves you a lot. I heard her reciting this whole monologue about how much you mean to her. But I don't think she had the courage to say it to you." She explained, "and I think she's afraid that she's pushed you too far away for any of those feelings to even make sense."

"Oh."

"So... do what you must with that. Good talk! I'm getting late now." She said.

She handed Claire her phone back and made her way to work, she couldn't wait to tell her friends about the morning she'd had.