✨part-70✨

"We'll be fine, you're getting late!" Lando exclaimed handing Claire her coat.

"Are you sure? I can always take a day off-"

"Absolutely not! You're presenting your analysis today. I got this."

"You still haven't started packing for Italy," she sighed, she looked at her little girl, "Ophelia, baby are you sure-"

"Claire, go!" Ophelia looked at her mum, claire laughed at her sass. She hugged her goodbye and basically sprinted out the door.

She wanted to make sure Ophelia had a great first day of school but she also had important discussions that were taking place at work. Claire felt guilty, about not being there for her child but Lando had reassured her that it was going to be just fine.

Besides Ophelia would be more than glad to narrate her day in excruciating detail. With that reassurance, she headed work, ready to devote her whole focus to it.

Claire shared the details of her work with the other analysts at the firm, they sat down together and chalked down what the rest of the day's plan looked like. She was invited by one of her colleagues for lunch with their clients, she accepted it gratefully and headed back to her office.

It hadn't even been a couple of hours into work and she got a call from Ophelia's school, but the timing was poor, she was in the middle of getting some data formatted.

"Hello?" She answered the call.

"Good morning Mrs. Norris, I'm calling from Ophelia's school-"

"I'm so sorry...I'm at work right now." She apologised, "can you please talk to my husband? He'll help you out." She ended the call.

You: Squirt's teacher called me up, I've asked her to call you I hope that's okay

Landooo🧡: you don't have to really ask Love :) I'll take care of whatever it is

Landooo🧡: and yes I'll tell you what it was about take care of work things now😙

You: Have I told you how much I love you?

Landooo🧡: just this morning but please don't stop 😁

Claire got back to crunching numbers, still a little worried about what was happening at home. In a while she was less stressed about it, in a couple of hours she would be back with them.

She heard a knock on the door, it was her colleague, "Ready for lunch?" She asked.

"Yeah!" She looked at her watch, "it's already lunch time Irina?"

"Yes it is, get your stuff and let's go!" She held the door open.

They left for the nice restaurant in Irina's car, Claire excused herself to make a quick phone call to ask Lando what has happened.

"What did they need?" She asked.

"Um... how do I put this." He hesitated.

"What are you hiding from me?" Claire interrogated him.

"Let's just say Little Worm is home with me and we're watching Mary Poppins!"

"Lando Norris. Don't play games with me."

"Calm down Lesley! I had to pick her up early but!We finished packing for Italy. That's great isn't it?"

"Why did you have to pick her up early?" She pressed.

"She was using words that upset the teachers and luckily her classmates couldn't comprehend."

"What did she say?"

"In the teacher's exact words, she yelled vroom vroom bitches before running past a child while playtime."

Claire took a good minute to laugh, before diverting her attention back to the call. She didn't know if she wanted to continue laughing at this or scold her daughter for the usage of profanity.

"I certainly don't use the phrase vroom vroom bitches." She smirked.

"Nor do I! You know I don't use foul language around her."

"Then where did she learn it?"

"Please don't yell at me but I did take her to the MTC the other day... and Daniel and I weren't really that careful about language."

"Why would I yell at you? But please be careful! Kids absorb words like sponges-"

"Ophelia! Stop! Don't say that! We won't go karting tomorrow if you do this again!" She heard him scold their girl.

"What did she do?"

"Run out of the room, yelling vroom vroom bitches." He sighed. "That's a mess for me to deal with you have a good day at work! Bye bye!" He ended the call.

Claire put down her phone and laughed, she was so concerned about Ophelia having the perfect first day. It may not be perfect, but it was going to be a memorable day for sure.

Irina asked if everything was alright, Claire told her about Ophelia's antics, which made her burst into laughter. The two of them headed to lunch with jaws aching from laughing, the formal outing went by well.

They took this as an opportunity to even do some infield research, they met up with other analysts and discussed their goals. They were back at office just in time for closing bell, it had been a good day for them, portfolios of clients were in the right trajectories.

"Switch off your damn laptop and come drink!" Irina entered Claire's office again.

"I will, in a bit. Just have to get copies of this report ready." She smiled.

Claire walked to the photocopier, a few steps into the place and she felt dizzy. She has to grab hold of something just to be able to stand still, people noticed and rushed to her side.

"Are you alright?" She heard someone approach her, seconds before things going black.

***

"How are you feeling? Do you want me to get you something?" She heard Lando's voice.

It took her eyes a few blinks to adjust to the bright lights, she looked at the plain walls, the sterile smell was making her feel uncomfortable. She realised she was in a hospital bed.

"What are we doing here?" She looked at him in confusion, trying to sit up.

"Rest! The doctor will be here soon." Lando nudged her back to lay down.

"Where's Ophelia? What happened?"

"Cindy's taking care of her, you fainted so Irina rushed you here. I'm so glad you're alright."

The door creaked open, a doctor entered holding what looked like reports in her hand. She explained that they ran some tests and there wasn't anything to worry about.

"Then why did she faint?" He asked.

"I'm getting to that," the doctor explained, "you're pregnant."

They looked at each other blankly, at the doctor and back at each other. A smile flashed across her face, he looked at her smile grow even bigger.

"We've got to work on a better pregnancy announcement. I can't have you travel through London traffic for some anxiety inducing news." She looked at Lando.

"Yeah I mean, fainting isn't the best now is it? But hey! Round two is going to be much better."

***

The end.

A/n: AAAANNND THATS A WRAP! Thank you so so so so so so much for all the love and support on this story❤️ it means the world to me :) Thank you for choosing to read this story! I hope I've been able to put a smile on your face (if not you're probably cringing at my writing and that's fine too 😂). Everyone that's been reading my work since my first story; Anti-Stall, you hold a special place in my heart! Thank you for encouraging me to continue, the constructive feedback and the kind words❤️