✨Part-12✨

💕💕💕

"You've got the letter? Keys? Your purse?" Sonya asked Claire as they were walking out of the apartment.

"Yes it's all here and I even have the appointment confirmation message. Now let's go!" Claire smiled.

"How are you feeling?" Sonya asked her.

"Not too bad, didn't throw up as much as I usually do so that's a win." Claire shrugged.

They drove down to their university, people were coming back after the holiday. Claire however, was coming back for the last time. In the next two days, she'd be a sea away.

"Have a good day girls!" She waved at them getting out of the car to walk to the dean's office.

She walked into the waiting room and took a seat, the receptionist smiled at her. Claire hadn't been here in a long time, the last time she had been here was when the Dean called her to congratulate her on her good work.

"Mister Khan is ready to see you." She smiled.

Claire thanked her and walked to his door, giving it a little knock before entering. She heard a curt "come in."

"Good morning mister Khan." Claire smiled walking in.

"Miss Martin! Come in, sit down Claire." He smiled.

"I hope you received my as well as McLaren's email about the transfer..."

"Yes! Yes I did, I even spoke to the Dean of admissions at South Bank. We are so proud of you Claire."

Claire smiled the most insincere smile, she hoped that he couldn't read the guilt in her eyes and continued thanking him.

"It's been a delight having you study with us, but it's time now for you to take onto bigger challenges. Good luck Claire! Make us all proud!" He beamed giver Claire her transcript.

"I will Mister Khan! I'll try my best." She felt sick to her stomach, if he knew the real reason, he'd be ashamed of her.

Claire thanked him for his time and walked out of the place, she took the metro back home and started packing. Her phone started ringing, she was pleasantly surprised it was Lando.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Good morning Claire! I hope I didn't wake you up."

"Good morning Lando, I'm already up. Why are you awake so early?"

"I'm on my morning run and thought I'd you know, just check up on you." He was panting.

"How about you get done running first? You sound tired."

"No no, it's fine! It's fun! What are you up to?"

"Packing my bags, today's my last day here."

"Oh alright I'll let you finish packing, what are your plans for today?"

"I was going to go around town one last time but I feel too sick to do that so I'll just lay in bed."

"Oh, did you puke today?"

"What?" She laughed.

"I told you right, Savannah, well Sav told me that pregnancy makes you puke a lot. Did you today?"

"Why are you so interested in puking out of everything?" She chuckled.

"It's so nice to hear you laugh so much." He admitted.

"You make me laugh!" Claire blurted out.

She then took a moment to cringe, why was she behaving like this? This was so not her.

"I've got to go for now, see you soon!" He ended the call.

He continued running the rest of the distance in silence, he found Jon a little further ahead on the trail. He had sat down to take a break.

"You're finally here, we're going to have to see how much weight you put on during Christmas." Jon teased him for his slow pace.

"I was talking to Claire." He admitted. "She seems happier so that's a relief."

"Look at you, all grown up." His trainer smiled handing him a bottle.

"Mhm, I am grown up!" Lando smirked before squirting the cold water from the bottle straight at Jon.

"I take back everything I just said!" Jon yelled using his hands to block the water.

The duo started running again, more of Lando was getting chased down the trail for the way he had just behaved.

After the run, he thought he would text Claire for a bit but that didn't happen. He had no time, today was going to be a busy day for him in terms of training, promotion and all the ventures he had started.

"Hey Charlotte, if it's not too much can you please check what Claire's up to once in a while?" Lando asked her over the phone.

"Sure, I'll check in on her." Charlotte assured him.

She ended the call with him and added his request to her to-do list for today. She was going to check in with the girl anyway but this was a good reminder.

"Morning Charlotte! Your favourite American is in town!" Zak entered her office all gleefully.

"Good morning Zak,we're going to be shooting content for YouTube." Charlotte explained.

"How are the drivers doing?"

"Daniel has slept his jet lag away, Lando will be here in a few minutes. Speaking about Lando, he's changed so much!"

"Tell me about it!"

"He's become a responsible young man, okay well not that responsible but in the sense he's become so much more better at understanding other people's emotions."

"Has this been since he found out about the pregnancy?"

"Yes, he's been so patient, kind and thoughtful towards Claire. It's really brought out a new side of him that I like seeing." She smiled.

Just a few minutes later, Lando and Daniel walked into the office. They greeted everyone with good mornings, but Daniel looked like he was going to burst from excitement.

"Why was I not told about super important office gossip?" Daniel literally screeched with excitement.

"Mate, is the fact I'm going to become a father really gossip to you?" Lando rolled his eyes.

"You've decided you're going to keep the baby?" Daniel asked him.

Lando scratched his neck, smiling sheepishly, "It's really her decision at the end of the day but is it selfish of me? To hope that she keeps the baby?"

"It's not selfish as long as you haven't tried to influence her choice." Daniel warned him.

"No, never I wouldn't do that!" He defended himself.

"Anyway, I can't wait to meet her, what's her name?"

"Claire." Lando smiled. "Claire Martin."

"Alright simp." Daniel playfully shoved Lando.

"I ain't no simp!" He pushed Daniel back. But the blush running on his very sun kissed face said something else.

"Lando, your face has another story to tell." Daniel pointed out the obvious.

"She does have a nice smile, an adorable laugh too." He shrugged.

"You're down bad! You are down bad!" Daniel laughed.

Charlotte scolded the two of them saying it was time to get serious again. They spent the rest of their morning shooting the video, the afternoon with the engineers and the evening talking to Andreas and Zak.

By the time Lando was home, it was pretty late. He thought of checking in on Claire but abandoned it. When Jon asked him why, he said, "I don't want to look to desperate. I'm cool, you know."