✨Part-59✨

Claire woke up early that morning, Ophelia was still asleep. To her surprise, Nicole was up before her, she was already dressed and ready for the day.

"I looked at the pool last evening, I'm dying to go for a swim." Claire confessed.

"Go for a dip! I'll stay here with Ophelia." She assured her.

"Thank you so much! If she wakes up just bring her by the pool I'll be out-"

"Go have fun! Stop worrying so much."

Claire let out a chuckle and decided to change into her swimsuit and grab a coverup. She walked to the pool, she had the whole thing to herself.

The water felt so soothing, she spent a good amount of time in the pool before sitting on one of the poolside chairs to admire the sunrise.

She was brought back to reality by a big splash, someone had decided to dive into the pool. The figure that emerged from it looked familiar, even if all she could see was his back. The toned frame and drenched brown curls brought back memories, she convinced herself she was seeing things and left the place.

"I've reached a new level of delusional." Claire spoke drying her hair.

Nicole laughed and told her that the rest of their group was awake, it was time to head out for breakfast. Ophelia was up and creating a ruckus too.

"Young women, we're going to the track today!" Igor beamed at the table.

"Track?" Claire asked setting her fork down, "I didn't know you were into running."

"Running? Oh no Claire not that track!" He laughed, "I'm talking about Formula One, Mister Abramovich wants us all to join him."

"All of us?" Claire gulped, "Ophelia will be nothing short of a-"

"That sounds wonderful! We should definitely go." Alia cut her.

"But what about Ophelia?"

"There's no way we're leaving both of you behind, you're coming!" Igor answered. "And Sonya, please try to make some conversation with Ilya-"

"I tried papa! But he just refuses to talk what am I supposed to do?"

"It's okay, doesn't matter so much, we've got today too. Get that boy to speak."

The rest of breakfast went on pretty normally, Sonya and her father left the place early once again to do consult some of the people that worked with them. The girls took privilege of this time to go around Manama and shop for things.

Yet again, Claire was pleasantly surprised by how well Ophelia was behaving. She had taken a strong affinity towards Nicole, and Nicole loved being her favourite.

The hours flew by and it was already evening, Claire reminded in a constant state of worry. What if she was recognised? What if she was photographed, and the biggest of them all what if she ran into him again?

Putting on a smile for the world, she left for the track with Nicole and Alia. Sony and her father were already there and waiting for them, they made their way into the paddock. Claire felt a strange sense of nostalgia when they crossed the Papaya team's structure but brushed it off and continued walking, Ophelia was bubbling with excitement. Her joy put Claire's mind at ease and forget about her worries for a bit.

She was so relieved when they learnt they weren't sitting in a team's hospitality centre but the main paddock club itself. Sonya introduced them all to Mister Abramovich and his not derpy son, Ilya. They made general small talk and played with the child.