✨Part-35✨

"Do you all really have to leave at the same time?" Claire pouted.

"Claire! We've got to get back for classes and we're not leaving you! FaceTime us everyday!" Sonya gave her a hug.

"Exactly, we're never really LEAVING you." Nicole smiled placing the last of their bags in the trunk of the car.

"It's just, I'm so terrified of being alone, Ophelia is so close to being born!" Claire sighed caressing her belly.

"I'll be back before you even know it!" He kissed her cheeks, "and don't you give your mother a hard time." He addressed her belly.

His antics made them chuckle, but it made Claire strangely happy that he spoke to Ophelia as if she could understand him.

Claire watched on from the driveway, all of them got into their cars and drove away to the airport. She let out a sigh, everything was so close to coming to an end. A whole chapter of her life had started and was heading towards the start of a new one so soon.

She got back in just in time to attended the start of her classes, the house felt so empty without him. It felt uneasy to not hear his laughter or him yelling on the mic about how someone was going to make them lose the game.

Flo: hiiiii

You: hey! How are you doing?

Flo: good! are you home right now?

You: yeah, just got done with classes

Flo: oh! Good!

Claire heard the doorbell ring, she opened the door. To her surprise, Flo and Cisca along with their mother were standing at the door with big smiles on their face.

"Flo! Cisca! Missus Norris! Come on in!" She welcomed them in.

"Enough with the formalities, call me Cisca!" She smiled. "You look lovely! Your skin and hair, it's all so shiny!"

"Thank you! I'm pleasantly surprised to see you all here after... what went down."

"It's all in the past now, though there's one little thing." Cisca smiled.

"What?"

"Lando can't know we're here or he'll absolutely lose it!" Flo exclaimed.

"Wait! What? How? I'm so confused!" Claire sat down trying to compose herself.

"He's still not on talking terms with mum and dad, but I obviously check in on him once in a while and we were kind of keeping track of how far along your pregnancy you must be." Flo confessed.

"And when he told them that he was leaving for Spa, I didn't feel comfortable leaving you all by yourself!" Cisca took Claire's hands in hers. Claire smiled at her and gave her hands a squeeze, before she knew it she was crying tears of joy again.

"I'm really happy! That's why I'm crying." She laughed, "thank you, thank you so much for deciding to come down because I was honestly terrified of being by myself."

"And now you're not! We're going to have so much fun! As soon as I'm done unpacking that is." Flo gave her a hug.

"Mum! Flo! You've got to come up here!" They heard Cisca yell from one of the rooms.

They walked up to the room, a little smile curled on Claire's face. Seeing the three of them appreciate the little details put into the place, the oohs and aahs that escaped their lips made Claire proud of the work Lando and her friends had put in.

"So, what are your thoughts about this nursery?" She smiled stroking her belly.

"It looks wonderful!" His mum smiled.

"The toys, the colours, it's all so pretty!" Flo clapped her hands in delight.

"This room is so cute! I love the view of the garden from up here, you've done such a good job I hope- what are you naming her?" Cisca asked.

"Ophelia." Claire beamed, "Lando chose the name, it's been associated with tragedy for so long but it's such a beautiful name."

"I doubt Lando has the intelligence to read Shakespeare or even know what Hamlet is." Flo snickered.

"Do not talk about your brother like that!" The older Cisca glared.

"Oh mum but you've got to agree he's not the brightest spark." The younger Cisca shot back.

"He's not stupid, he's quite intelligent, in his own way. He's also got the purest heart, he always has good intentions for everyone." Claire defended him.

"I quite like you and I want to be Ophelia's Godmother so I'll let that slide." Flo smiled cheekily.

Claire let out a chuckle and let them go freshen up while she caught up with some work and got dinner ready, which they insisted they'd take care of but she got her way anyway.

Lando: oh the amount of chocolate here! You would have loved it!

You: that's one way to start a conversation 😂 how was your flight? How has your day been?

Lando: my flight was good! Slightly turbulent but I made it here alive! Phew! My day was fine, Jon made me run in the cold cold air and I might fall ill

You: oh no! You're not going to fall ill! We're rooting for you Norris, you've been looking strong all season before the break!

Lando: fingers crossed it goes well, how has your day been?

You: eventful, but good! Though I miss you so muchhh

Lando: do you miss me or my amazing meals and back rubs?

You: 👀

Lando: ?? Answer me!

You: 👀👀👀

Lando: oh. I see how it is

You: yeah of course I miss being treated like royalty while you're around but I miss you silly!

Lando: jeez! Clingy woman

You: :/ I'm going to go cry now

Lando: no no no no! Come back! I miss you too! I love you! A lot!

Claire: thanks I love me too 💅✨

Lando: 🙄🙄

Claire: I love you. A lot. Sending you biggggg hugs and kisses❤️❤️

Lando: ❤️❤️ talk to you later, I've gotta go now! Take care and please tell Ophelia I love her a lot😚

"You hear that Ophelia? He loves you a lot!" She whispered.

Lando had made it a point to "talk" to Ophelia everyday, tell her how much he loved her and how he couldn't wait to meet her. On other days "scold" her because she was giving Claire a hard time. Without a question, this was Claire's favourite moment of her whole day, hearing him talk with so much enthusiasm to a child he couldn't see yet.