✨Part-43✨

🧡🐥🧡

The troop from McLaren was here, it included Zak, Andreas, Daniel, Charlotte and Jon

The troop from McLaren was here, it included Zak, Andreas, Daniel, Charlotte and Jon. Claire welcomed them in with a big smile, this time around she was prepared.

"I hope you don't mind the little the gifts I got Ophelia." Zak smiled.

"Little gifts? These are way too many! We can't possibly accept them-"

"No of course you can! You must! I insist!"

"I'm not sure what you buy for babies so I just got both of you a present instead." Daniel beamed proudly giving them a well wrapped gift.

"Thank you." Lando smiled.

"She's awake, you can all come see her!" Claire smiled.

The group entered the nursery, Charlotte was the first one to hold her. "I've been the one making sure all of this could happen!" She exclaimed.

After everyone had their turn of fawning over the baby, they headed into the backyard for lunch. The picnic table was set with all sorts of treats and drinks Claire and Emma had spent hours preparing.

"I'm stuffed! This was great food Claire!" Daniel complimented her.

"We're not done yet! Let me get the dessert out for everyone." She smiled.

"Let me help you with that." Daniel insisted, Lando was in deep conversation with Andreas and Zak, he hadn't even realised what was going on around him.

"I don't want to sit around!" Charlotte beamed joining the two of them.

The trio entered the kitchen and were greeted by Ophelia in her bassinet, who was cooing in delight.

"Okay, both of you can go around with desserts, I want to have a conversation with Ophelia." Daniel smiled getting down on his knees to have a good look.

"You're good with kids!" She remarked.

"As long as I can return them back to their parents at the end of the day!" He laughed.

Claire walked back to the yard, in earshot of the conversation going on between Lando and Andreas. Zak and Jon were no longer at the table but having a walk around the yard.

"It's tough Andreas, I can't spend as much time at the factory as I used to. I've got a baby to take care of now, while Claire takes care of her most of the time, I still want to be more present." He sighed.

"You've got to prioritise Lando, what's more important? The baby or the fight for P3?"

"That's harsh, you're putting me in an awkward position."

"All I'm saying is you've worked really hard to get where you are, you can't give up now."

"I'm not giving up! I'm just- I'm trying okay? It's difficult."

"What's difficult?"

"On days I'm being a good driver I'm being a pathetic boyfriend and a worse father but when I'm trying to be a good dad, I feel like I'm neglecting my work."

"You'll figure it out, don't worry so much."

Claire felt a strange pinch in her heart, hearing his words. His eyes had lost their sparkle and his smile wasn't the way it used to be, she felt responsible for it. She felt guilty.

The minute he noticed her walking back to the table, he put on his biggest smile. Claire tried to brush off everything she had just heard him say, but the worry on her face was evident.

"Dessert is served!"

After another hour of good talk and giving Ophelia all the attention she loved, the guests decided it was time to leave. They thanked them for the good time and headed their way.

"I'm going to put Ophelia down for her nap." He smiled carrying the little bundle in his arms.

"Before you do that, why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Tell you what?" He frowned.

"I heard your conversation with Andreas. Lando, I'm sorry-"

"No. Stop apologising for things that aren't your fault."He sighed.

"No I am responsible for making you feel  like a bad parent, you're trying you're best and I'm just yelling and fighting about it."

"You've been tired, understandably you've been juggling so much and I can't even shuffle between two roles-" Claire placed her fingers on his lips to silence him, "If you do that again I'm going to have to kiss you." He held her hand.

"That's once you've put Ophelia in her cradle."