✨Part-31✨

🧡🧡🧡

Despite the chaos that went down on Friday, Lando had a solid weekend and scored great points for the team. Things seemed great, Claire had something bothering her but he was certain, she wasn't going to tell him until they got back home.

She was acting like everything was fine, her parents even tried to contact them, inviting them to lunch or any sort of thing but Claire refused flat out.

Now that it was all done and they were back home, still sleeping the jet lag away. Understandably, she was more tired than he was.

As usual, she woke up to the air filled with the smells of a good breakfast. But for the first time, she couldn't seem to get up and get out of bed.

"Lan- Lando!" She stuttered.

"What's happening!? I'm coming!" He yelled running towards the bedroom.

"This is so embarrassing," she blushed, "I've officially reached that part of pregnancy." She sighed.

"What part? Are you in pain? Should I call up Doctor Patel?" He fired away the questions in his worried tone.

"No silly I'm fine I'm just- stuck!" She laughed.

He rushed towards her side to help her up, she explained to him that getting up was now becoming a struggle. Six months in, she felt the hugest she'd ever felt and the fact the little one kept kicking around didn't make it easier.

Lando didn't want her to feel anymore uncomfortable than she was already feeling. Being the sweet guy he is, he brought breakfast to her, sat down by her side and decided to have their meal there.

After a while, he finally asked her what was wrong, what happened back at her parents' house that upset her so much.

She tried to play it off as nervousness about starting online lectures and the internship, but he saw right through it.

"Stop lying, tell me what's wrong." He insisted.

"My mom, she said some things that made me cry and made all my insecurities flare up." She sighed.

He wrapped his arms around her and told her for the millionth time, she had nothing to worry about. He said that he didn't mind reminding her about it everyday as long as it meant she would be happier and less insecure about it.

She felt comfortable enough to tell him what her mother had said, Claire's mother didn't hold back. She went on bashing Lando, saying that he would be just like the other guys there are out there who are young and have money and fame. She went far enough to say that he was going to leave her very soon when he realised that Claire didn't fit into his world.

"First of all, you absolutely do fit into 'my world' and if you didn't I'd gladly walk away from it."

"Now you're just trying to flatter me." She laughed. She looked at the clock on the wall and realised she didn't have much time before the start of her lectures, she wished him a very good day at work and headed to the garden, where Lando had already set up her books and laptop for her.

Lando made his way to the factory,  his engineers were waiting for him to get back into action.

After a couple of laps on the simulator, it was time for a debrief with the engineers and go check on the car with the mechanics.

He didn't even realise how quick time flew by at the factory, it was time for him to head back and make content with Quadrant.

On reaching home, he was greeted by Claire who seemed to be studying some documents with a frown on her face. When she noticed him, she gave him a quick smile and got back to reading the papers.

"How's your day been?" She asked.

"Feels like it's going on forever! I have to get shooting now." He looked at his watch, "we'll talk in a bit." He smiled placing a kiss on her forehead, before walking away to his Streaming/gaming room.

A few hours later, the doorbell rang. Lando was still shooting, Claire had just gotten done with her first day of working. Jon was here to restock Lando's supplements.

Claire insisted he stayed for dinner and started cooking, Jon couldn't just stand there and watch, he too decided to help her with meal prep.

After what felt like forever, Lando was finally free. He walked into the kitchen and was pleasantly surprised to see the two of them.

"Hi Jon! Oooh what are you both cooking? It smells so good!"

"Bombay Burritos, they're vegan and fit everyone's dietary needs." He smiled proudly.

"Nerd." Lando teased him.

"Can you set the table Lando?" She asked him looking for cutlery. She opened the cabinets and chuckled about how sparse their dinnerware collection was.

"In my defence, there's only the two of us! In fact it used to be JUST me. Stop laughing!" He huffed taking the plates from her hand.

They sat down for dinner, and as much as Lando bullied them about cooking a vegan dish, he savoured every bite of it. Jon wished them a good night and was on his way out.

"So how has your day been?" He plopped himself in the couch next to her, finally having a moment to himself.

"It was good! I thought I'd keep getting distracted studying online but that wasn't the case." She smiled at him.

"And how was work?" He asked scooting closer, to place his head in her lap.

"I can't see you head! On the belly please." She laughed as Lando tickled her.

"You still haven't answered how was-oh! She kicked! Lalaire kicked!" He beamed with his eyes wide.

"Lando," she looked at him in horror "I'm not going to let you name my baby Lalaire!"

"I'm just kidding!" He gave her belly a kiss, "we'll name our beautiful girl something equally beautiful."

"Look at you being all mushy gushy, work was good! I quite like my role!"

"Really? What is it? Not like I understand much but I'm trying to be excited." He yawned, the day had been long and the exhaustion of it was getting to him. But he wanted to listen to everything she had to say.

"I'm part of one of the many teams at Walt&Debt, I've been put to work with the stock analysts."

"So buy and sell guys, stock exchange- woah! Sounds intense!"

"It's not, not yet really, since I'm only an intern I have to go through company reports and make notes. It's tiring but my mentor is really cool." She noticed Lando had already fallen asleep, she ran her fingers through his hair hoping to wake him up.

Instead he clutched on to her hand, let out a sigh and continued trying to fall asleep. She couldn't help but smile, everything was so different.

Things could have gone down so differently, and yet here they were. There were hundreds of permutations and combinations in the universe to what their life could have been, yet this was the path chosen. And Claire, wouldn't have it any other way.