✨Part-49✨

It was already time for Lando to head to Abu Dhabi for the last race of the year, almost a year since the first time they met.

He packed his bags and gathered them at the door, ready to say goodbye to Claire and Ophelia. He had a surprise for them, and it was finally the moment.

"Claire! I forgot something on the side table can you get it for me?"

"Sure!" She smiled walking into their room.

Her eyes fell on an envelope at the side table, addressed to her. She walked to where he was standing and held up the envelope in confusion.

"Yes, exactly that." He smiled, "Now will you open it for me?"

She frowned at him but did as he said, it didn't take her longer than a few seconds to realise what it was. He had arranged for tickets for her to be with him.

"Everyone brings their families and love at the last race of the season. And for the first time, I have someone more than just mum and dad." He explained.

"Oh Lando." She smiled.

"This is the part where you're supposed to kiss me, but it's alr-"

He was interrupted by Claire, who was already kissing him, he could tell that she was smiling as they kissed.

"See you Saturday, love you." He beamed before shutting the door after him.

Claire was ecstatic, she couldn't wait to be in Abu Dhabi, see the paddock, meet everyone and above all see her friends again.

Ophelia wasn't going to understand or even comprehend any of what was happening around her, but she was excited for their Little Worm to live the experience.

***

"It's Friday already! Last exam and the start of my winter break." She bubbled.

"Yes indeed, good luck on your test!" Emma cheered, "I'll have Ophelia's bags ready when you're back so it's only a matter of freshening up and locking up the house when you're back."

"Thank you so much Emma, happy holidays! I've got to go now." Claire sighed.

Every minute of the day felt extra long and tiring, after the exams, she made sure to give Cindy a big long hug. She wasn't going to be seeing her for a while and that made her strangely emotional.

The whole day felt emotional, just like that she was done with a chapter in her life today. And thanks to Lando she had something remarkable to mark an end to it, what was next? She didn't know and didn't want to be bothered about it for a while.

She was going to try and live in the moment for as long as she could. It was difficult, but it was what's best for her. She brushed away all the thoughts weighing her down and headed home.

Claire looked at her phone, she still had some time before heading to the airport. She remembered how much she disliked crying children on the plane, now that Lando had got them first class tickets, she couldn't help but think the crowd was going to be more snobby.

And Claire was right, the snobbery started right when she arrived at the airport with Ophelia. A stewardess was waiting for them, greeted her and took care of their luggage while leading her to a separate terminal just for business and first class flyers.

When she boarded the flight, she asked the flight attendant who greeted her if she could help her with something.

"Yes of course Miss, what can I help you with?" She asked.

"If it's not too much work, can you hand these little pouches I made to everyone who boards from here?"

"What is in them?"

"As someone who doesn't like crying children on planes, it would be hypocritical of me to bring onboard my baby, so I just have an apology note and ear plugs for the co-passengers." She explained.

"That is really considerate of you, please take a seat we'll take care from here." The stewardess smiled.

Landooo🧡: what's up?

You: just boarded our flight, you didn't have to get such an expensive ticket!

Landooo🧡: anything to make sure you have the best time :)

You: You're so corny

Landooo🧡: but you love it 😉

You: 😂😂 what are you up to?

Landooo🧡: getting ready for dinner with the family, we can't wait for you to get here❤️

You: I can't wait to join all of you❤️❤️