Chapter 4 : Mark

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was known that Zeus' second child would be more powerful than him.

So he ate his wife, Metis.

After her demise,

Hephaestus cleaved Zeus's head open,

And the goddess of war, Athena, emerged.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We drove down a street, heading for the Petersons' home

We drove down a street, heading for the Petersons' home. It was a long drive. We had previously decided to meet Wyatt's mom tomorrow after school. Hopefully, we wouldn't encounter monsters by then.

I sat in the backseat with my arms cross and my body pressed against the side door. I was keeping a good distance away from the person at the other end of the seat. Someone you could easily guess. Unfortunately, Dimitri kept insisting we talk.

Hunter sat forward with his elbows on his knees. His hands held Dimitri's phone as he browsed through some sort of game app. Birds of the same feather flock together, I guess.

He shifted, causing a lock of his Saint Algue hairstyle to fall forward. I noticed a faint red ring around his wrist, probably formed from his struggle with the handcuffs. It'll probably disappear by tomorrow.

It was the first time sitting with Hunter in the backseat and it was awkward. Zion sat behind the steering wheel while conversing with Dimitri in the passenger seat. Dimitri felt right at home as he pressed buttons on the dashboard, choosing which playlists he wanted.

I turned back to Hunter. The phone screen illuminated his face, showing a gloomy mood enough to suffocate the entire car. But that wasn't the only thing it revealed. Underneath his collar at the side of his neck, I saw a mark. And it looked more like burned skin. I stilled before turning one of my inner wrists. Liam's mark seemed faded than before, but I could read the Greek letters.

Παν

Pronounced as 'Pan' which is an incomplete spelling for Πανδώρα. In other words Pandora. The half-written word indicated the intensity of the bond I shared with Liam. And at this current stage, the Sin can sense my emotions despite the distance.