Chapter 51 : Protection

Picture Reference: @marvelcharacterslist - Instagram

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

As the chief Greek deity,

Zeus is considered the ruler, protector,

And the father of all gods and humans.

He is often depicted as an older man with a beard.

And is represented by symbols such as the lightning bolt and the eagle.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Selma's body contorted into a creature I barely recognized

Selma's body contorted into a creature I barely recognized. The first thing to emerge was the numerous dog-like heads that protruded from her waist. They twisted around her on long serpentine necks as they barked and gnashed their teeth at Zion. Her scaley legs divided into ten more snake-like feet.

Selma bared her teeth, and in barely a full second, she dashed straight for Zion. Her dark hair billowed with rage as she launched her claws and all six dog heads at the triplet. A few centimeters to impact, her body smashed against a hard invisible wall.

My eyes bugged out at the new ability. "What--"

"Compacted air," Eros said instinctively as he watched Selma crumple to the ground with a broken nose. The triplet was now surrounded by the rest of Selma's cohorts. A small smile graced Eros' lips. "He has been training. Either that or Zeus is giving him pointers. I hardly believe it'll be the latter."

Zion twisted on his feet and caught an attacking Scylla by the neck, just as two others tried to break the barrier around him. With barely any hesitation, he grabbed the Scylla's hair and tore her head right off her shoulders. He reflexively stretched out a hand. Lightning curled down his arm before striking another Scylla in the face. The place flashed white as she and all her six heads flew straight into a wall.

The Crowd widened the battle space as they tried to avoid the gore and mess from spilling unto their dress. I could feel sweat beading over my forehead as anxiety engulfed me."Can he fight all twelve of them alone?"