Chapter 60 : Time

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Prometheus was well aware that Zeus was still angry with him.

He knew the god would try to get his revenge.

However, one look at Pandora was all it took for Epimetheus to fall crazy in love with her.

He married her without thought or consideration.

He was truly enchanted by her.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

He could see her.

Since when? How was that even possible?

Liam didn't move as he took in the dark-cloaked figure standing a few feet away. Pandora's apparition stared back just the same. Her straight teeth were bared as she physically voiced out just what she thinks of the sin touching me. Her fists were clenched so hard at her sides that I could see the veins popping out. "You insolent pet! Refrain from touching her!"

I could feel Liam's chest rumble against my back. His anger was silent and yet palpable that I could taste it. "Did you just call me pet?"

With calm movements, he slowly lowered me off his lap and climbed to his feet -- wild cat eyes still trained on Pandora. His hand subtly flicked to the side and instantly, everything went to a standstill. The bartender in his booth suddenly froze like a statue. His hands were held in mid-air as he poured wine into a glass. The sloshy pink liquid still fell into the transparent container before overflowing. I glanced around, taking in the rest of the place.

Everyone had frozen in mid-dance. Yet, the music still played and the disco lights still swung over the dance floor. It was like every living thing had frozen in time. I turned back to Liam as he stalked toward Pandora with an animalistic pace. His eyes had pure distaste as he assessed her. "Mind saying that again?"