Chapter 18 : Game

The song above somehow matched the settings in this chapter💜

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The Gambling God, Hermes,

Son of Zeus,

Is often depicted as a messenger of the gods.

This divine trickster can outwit other gods,

And he's able to move between the mortal and divine worlds.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

My heart thundered in my chest as I pulled Hunter to my back, shielding him

My heart thundered in my chest as I pulled Hunter to my back, shielding him. "You need to find Eros. Now."

He jerked his head towards me. "Don't tell me you're going to fight that?"

Lust's gaze wasn't even on him; they zoned in on me like the locked target of a rifle gun. And for the moment, I was thankful. It meant he wouldn't try to attack Hunter. We've already established the fact that the sins weren't big fans of the greek gods.

We were so close to our destination. All we needed was to climb a set of stairs. I glanced at the stairwell to our side. It led straight to Eros' balcony. Hunter will need to go alone. If I followed, I'll surely be caught.

"I can handle him. Trust me." I said replied, meeting his amber eyes.

Based on my initial encounter with the other sins, I realized I was probably the only person who could talk to them. Raph had released Hunter because I asked him to. Under different circumstances, Hunter would've been dead.

The triplet watched me like I was crazy but he didn't have time to dabble. The jaguar sprung with the speed of a predator. We parted ways instantly. Hunter rushed up the stair while I dashed down the hallway.

The sin didn't follow after Hunter -- he was practically hunting me down. Adrenaline burned through me, creating a heated trail down my limbs. My hair fluttered around me as a sprinted across the tiled floor, making quick turns to avoid the black-furred feline.