Chapter 55 : Relief

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Greed is an excessive desire for material possessions and wealth.

Although greed does not cause physical addiction,

It does cause a psychological obsession,

One that leads to an insatiable desire for more.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I squeaked as my flat shoes slipped down the slippery green slope of a cliff

I squeaked as my flat shoes slipped down the slippery green slope of a cliff. Pharoah's thick arms tightened their hold around my midsection, securing me to his chest. We stood at the peak of a foilage-rich fjord a few miles from the city. The sun was well hidden behind grey clouds and the wind here was tolerable. My baggy hoodie and jeans were enough to keep the chills away.

I brushed a few stray hairs behind an ear and looked over the cliff. With one free hand, I gripped Pharoah's muscle-tight arms. The river running through both hillsides sloshed against the rocks at the bottom.

I pouted. "If someone falls from this height, It's over."

Liam scoffed at my statement. He stood way too close to the cliff that anyone with a brain will consider it dangerous. Yet he looked casual and aloof with hands dipped in his loose sweatpants. His wings and tails were out and so was his naked chest. The grey sweatpants didn't help because it only outlined the hidden treasures below his waistline--

Focus, Penny.

As if sensing my thoughts, Liam smirked and sent a wink in my direction. Call me a lovesick child, because that was the moment I slipped again. Pharoah did a good job holding me up, his massive body was unshakeable. And just like Liam's, his sinful features were on display.

"Drop her and I'll rip your wings off before going for your throat," Liam said, falling into a squat with elbows stretched over his knees. His cat eyes glanced between my blue flat shoes and the cliff.

I felt Pharoah chuckle behind me. His bare chest heaved from the amusement. "I'll rip your head off before you can even lay a finger."

"Oh really--"