Chapter 27 : Confidence

This chapter is...something 😬

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Naiads are a type of female nymphs,

They presided over fountains, wells, springs, streams, and other bodies of fresh water.

They are different from river gods,

Beings who embodied rivers.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I blinked. "Why are you always bare-chested?"

Braidguy rose an eyebrow like that was the last question he expected to hear. "I flew here. Did you expect me to take a hike?"

That would be hilarious.

What's even more absurd is the fact that I was starting a conversation with a sin despite my panic state. Something slid against the floor behind him and I took a peek -- only to see his two tails.

Are they...wagging?

I faced him, curiosity churning my thoughts. "Do they tingle when touched?"

He scrunched his eyebrows. "What?"

"Your tail. Do they tingle when touched at the tip?"

"Why the hell will it do that?"

He doesn't know?

My breath caught the moment I realized. "No one has touched it."

It wasn't a question but the sin remained silent either way. He rested an elbow on one knee and grabbed my wrist with his free hand, lifting it between us. He bared my greek tattoo. "I came to collect something. Not talk."

The bond.

I tried pulling away but he tugged back, hauling me between his bent knees. He stretched my wrist to his lips, lifting my upper body along with it. I swung a hand aiming for a slap. He caught it in the nick of time.