Chapter 14 : Riders

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hades' extramarital affairs were never kept a secret.

His private life didn't bother Persephone,

But when Minthe arrogantly bragged about winning Hades back,

Persephone turned Minthe into what we know today as the mint plant.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We walked towards the garage

We walked towards the garage. Hunter's hands were sweaty against mine. He grabbed the metal gate with one free hand before sliding it above his head. He didn't have to manually do that. There was a button for it. After all, the Petersons' were rich.

The garage was huge, dusty, and dark. Paint buckets lined up the walls along with loose tires, a gas extinguisher, fuel containers, car parts -- among other things.

Pedro's sky blue corolla was parked at a corner. He rarely uses it since he prefers to join Zion's Camaro. All in a lazy attempt to avoid driving. I sighed.

I miss him.

Zion's car would've been parked here but he was already on a cruise with Dimitri, trying to analyze our plans to meet Wyatt's mom.

Hunter also had a car. It was easy to spot the black sedan parked by Pedro's corolla. The only difference was, Hunter had never used it. Rumors have it that he doesn't know how to drive. Either that or he hates handling cars.

Hunter walked to the side of the garage and stopped by an onyx motorbike. He grabbed the helmet hanging from its handle and hugged it to his chest. He turned to me.

His amber eyes -- which almost looked liquid gold in the dark -- scrutinized me. "What are you waiting for? Hop on."

I folded my arms. "Don't I get a helmet?"

At my words, his lips curled halfway up. "I was hoping you weren't going to ask."

I snorted. "Funny. For a second there I thought you cared for my well-being."