Chapter 39 : Throne

Picture concept by Aaoronsimscompany on Devianart

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

The Griffins represent both Wisdom and Power,

And are considered to be Noble Protectors of Ancient Greece.

Prometheus warned the wandering to beware of the hounds of Zeus,

Sharp-beaked monsters that do not bark, 

The Griffins.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I stamped on Vanni's foot and knocked my head back, catching his nose

I stamped on Vanni's foot and knocked my head back, catching his nose. A bone cracked as he cursed, stepping away while cradling his injured face.

I tore out of his embrace and kept my distance with a chin held high. "If you're claiming to not be human, why tell me all this? Did you expect me to go on a spitting monster-killing adventure with you?"

The two cousins glanced at each other -- Vanni still rubbing his nose. The fact that he wasn't bleeding profusely on the floor meant he had a healing ability. Another confirmation that they weren't human.

I continued despite the rapid thumping in my chest. "You probably want me to pity you. But anyone can tell the difference between a newly fledged monster and a creature that has been exposed to the greek world for months. And you both look way too calm to call yourselves 'Newly Awakened', which means you're lying about seeing strange things."

Killian pursed his lips but Vanni's face lit up into a freakish but happy smile. "Damn. Nothing gets past you, huh? Well, you're half right. The part about monsters in school was true -- kinda true. I was referring to us.

"Although, there are a few monsters lurking around, claiming Zeus resides somewhere close by -- but enough about that. You see, Eros sent us here. Something about keeping an eye on you and two very notorious sins."