Chapter 56 : Death

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Thanatos is the personification of death.

He is the son of Nyx, the goddess of night,

And the brother of Hypnos, the god of sleep.

When the time allotted to humans by the Fates had expired,

He carries them off to the underworld.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Zion propped an arm to the back of the chair, his legs parted in a casual manner

Zion propped an arm to the back of the chair, his legs parted in a casual manner. His hair was mussed with dark circles shadowing his eyes. The triplet shifted a cold gaze from Liam to me, then Geovanni to Pharoah. The eerie atmosphere seemed to go on for centuries until he cracked his knuckles and tilted his head. "I would like to make a few things clear. What Zeus did, goes against everything I stand for, and I apologize on his behalf."

The sins and I were cramped up on one sofa directly adjacent to Zion. I sat between Pharoah and Liam, feeling small from their sheer size. Ever since we arrived, the sins didn't look happy. They were irked by the fact that I'll be meeting Zeus; the one who forced me into this situation in the first place. The only person with a more elated demeanor was Pharoah.

The sin of pride relaxed beside Geovanni as he watched Zion with a mild smirk. "You don't look so good."

At the words, my body instinctively sagged. Zion's current state had been my fault. Whatever Liam and I did at the boutique had an effect I didn't expect, and it ate me up from the inside. When we got to star-crossed inc, Zion's room was in a complete wreck; you could barely recognize it. The guilt felt like knives buried deep in my abdomen.

"Don't worry about it." Zion ran a hand through his hair. He hesitated for a second, unsure about uttering his next words. It took a few seconds before he gave in. "Helena came over. Somehow, she sensed something was wrong and rushed to star-crossed inc just to find me. Even after everything Zeus did, she still came back. It was baffling at the time. She knew exactly what to do. And in a few seconds, every raging turmoil I felt for the past ten years had receded considerably."