CHAPTER 9 🍋

It's been 4 days so far that Y/N has been in the infirmary. She felt like shit still although she was recovering quickly. Ugh, I should be out there training with my squad, training with Levi, making Erwin proud and getting stronger. Strong like mom always said. Y/N suddenly started to break down. She softly but aggressively sobbed to herself. She was hyperventilating and crying her eyes out. The guilt and embarrassment was eating her alive and all she could do is sit and be bedridden. Y/N eventually calmed herself down and wiped her tears away, Let me distract myself and read, I can't let this get to me. I'll recover swiftly. Just stick this out for a little longer. Y/N then took her book out and silently read. She needed the distraction so she wouldn't start panicking again.

Levi walks by the infirmary on his way to go to see Miche, I should probably check in on her. But I don't want to stress her out... but fuck it. Levi slowly and quietly takes a peek into Y/N's room. She doesn't notice him as she is still reading her book. Levi stares at her in awe. Y/N never looked so calm before. The sunlight coming from the window made her features more pronounced. She was beautiful... Her voluminous curly hairy, beautiful bronze skin glowing in the sunlight and her plump soft lips. He was frozen... She looked so feminine. Levi started eyeing her... she was hurt pretty badly. He noticed the nursing robe on her draped ever so gently on her shoulder blade, almost falling off. Her skin looked so soft. What... What am I doing and thinking... this is creepy, he thought to himself. Just as he was about to approach Y/N, he notices that tears are beginning to fall from her face, Shit... bad timing. Y/N looks up and quickly wipes her face and clears her throat... "Levi? Is... Is that you?". Levi nods as he approaches the chair next to Y/N's bed. There was a silence.. Not awkward but kind of relieving and meditating in a way.

Y/N: Listen Levi.. I---

Levi: Y/N... there is no need to apologize. All you need to do is heal up and keep getting strong. You're alive, you're breathing.

Y/N starts to break down and sob.

Levi: I didn't do what I did to show off or save face. And I didn't do it because I think you're weak. You are strong. I did it because I wanted to. You are my partner so obviously I'm going to save your ass. Even if you were a 8000 pound bird with some kind of supernatural strength, I would still save you.

Y/N sobbed even harder, "Levi I am so sorry! I am supposed to be strong. I don't know what came over me. I don't know, I just have to be strong.. I have to be strong I have to be, I have to be, I have---"

Levi: BREATHE Y/N.... 

I wonder why she gets so triggered when it comes to being strong, Levi thought.

Y/N calmed herself down as Levi is rubbing her arm. "Levi... am I really strong to you?" she asked. Levi paused for a moment and rolled his eyes, "Tch... What did I just say earlier? I'm not repeating myself.".

 Y/N laughs out loud, "You asshole...". She then gives him a warm smile. Levi glances over at her book, "What kinda book are you reading? Didn't think you were the reading type.". Y/N suddenly turned pale and tried to hide the book behind her, "Oh this? It's a romance mystery novel.. Yeah haha. Nothing major.". She awkwardly laughs.

Levi: Oh yeah? Bullshit.. Let me see Y/N.

Y/N: OH NO!

Y/N tries to place the book behind her, but she could only go so far since she was confined to the hospital bed. Levi smirks and snatches the book out her hand. He opens up a page with shock written all over his face. Y/N hid under her sheets in embarrassment.

Levi: What the fuck is this?

Y/N: It's not what it looks like! It's just I---

Levi: ' Suddenly Prince Gilbert shoved the ball gag roughly down Princess Mai's throat. She choked and moaned shamelessly in deep pleasure. Be quiet, he whispered in her ear as he slapped her face with the pot of stew. He then shoved his fist into her tight wet cavern. His cock twitched at the sight of her muffled her screams. The more she squirmed in pleasure, the harder his cock got. He then tied her up and devoured her body violently with his tongue and when he suddenly reached--

Y/N: OK OK OK LEVI! PLEASE STOP! NO MORE! This is for research purposes only, okay!?

Levi laughed. Y/N hasn't seen him laugh in so long. His features were even more beautiful and pronounced when he smiled and laughed.

Levi: Right... so this is the shit you read? Interesting. So these are the type of books you meant. Remember 7 years ago during that drunk incident where you--

Y/N: No no no, don't bring that up, haha!

Levi chuckled as Y/N snatched her book back, "Keep this between us Levi.". He didn't respond, he just stared at her intensely. It made Y/N's stomach drop and head feel dizzy. Here's that feeling again, WHY?

Y/N: Um Levi, thank you so much. You made me feel better.

Levi: I didn't really do much. But---

Y/N: Remember our little deal from before the mission? I know you won it but screw it. I wanna fulfill that promise I conjured up all those years ago. When I recover, I wanna take you to my favorite bar so we can have drinks together in the city. A temporary truce.

Levi: Y/N I...

Y/N: No if ands or buts.. You are going. I said what I said and it is final! *she playfully stuck her tongue out*

Levi eventually gave in, "Tch.. alright Y/N... fine I'll go just this once.". Y/N had the biggest smile on her face, "YAAAAY! I CANT WAIT HAHAHA!".

They talked for a couple more hours before he got ready to leave.

Levi: Oh and one thing before I go Y/N.

Y/N: Why yes Mr. Ackerman? 

Levi playfully rolled his eyes, "Keep in mind. It's perfectly fine to be strong and vulnerable and it's ok to be strong and feminine.". Y/N blankly stared at him. Suddenly, she shook her head and conjured up a wide smile, "Good night Levi, I will be looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! And bring a snacky snack too please!". Levi nodded and waved his hand as he walked away. Did she not hear what I just said? It was like it went in through one ear and back out the other, Levi thought to himself.