742-750

Chapter 742 One Cannon Is Enough

This chapter is updated by Wuxia.Blog

After getting rid of the first altar, they spent a night outside before returning to the gathering point in Stone Heart City.

After finding out about the successful mission, Lanley was extremely surprised.

"All of you succeeded so quickly?"

He has been leading the gathering point in Stone Heart City for many years already and had always been wary of the demonic spirit army near the altar. Due to the lack of manpower, he did not dare act too rashly. He had originally thought that Han Xiao and his group would need eight to ten days to slowly clear up the demonic spirits near the altar. However, Han Xiao's efficiency had truly surprised him.

That was especially so after realizing that there were no injuries in the group, and only Tomar looked as though he did not have a good sleep. Lanley was extremely curious about the details of their operation.

"I remember that there should be a few hundred demonic spirits. How did all of you accomplish this?"

"It's like this..." Tomar swallowed a mouthful of saliva and began to explain.

When they set up camp outside last night, Feidin had given Tomar a subtle mental hint together with the 'divine miracles' that Han Xiao had gotten Aurora to perform. Tomar had completely believed that Han Xiao's group of four were deities.

He was the only one who knew the truth about the 'deities', and Tomar was agitated to the point he could not sleep. In order to hide the identity of the 'deities', he had spent a full night thinking of an appropriate excuse to report to Lanley today.

As he gave his 'explanation', Tomar was extremely anxious that Lanley would spot a flaw.

He did not understand why the 'deities' wanted to hide their identities, but he did not dare gamble. He was afraid that the 'deities' would choose to leave if their identities were exposed. This would result in the gathering point losing such great support.

Upon seeing the broken fragments of the altar, Lanley did not have any other doubts, and after expressing his gratitude to Han Xiao, he left hastily to contact the leaders of the other gathering points.

"I managed to hide it..." Tomar heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good job." Han Xiao nodded.

Tomar was extremely reserved in front of Han Xiao. Although Han Xiao's group of four seemed extremely approachable and were not aloof like in the religious records, Tomar still felt immense pressure. He then said, "Your Excellencies, I have a question that I don't know if I should ask."

"Speak."

"Actually, I have been curious since last night..." Tomar stammered. "The deities in the religious records all have their own names and authority. I wonder if... cough cough, I don't know if it is rude for me to ask this. If it is, I hope that you can accept my apology..."

In truth, he wanted to ask if Han Xiao's group of four were the deities in the legends that he had heard.

"Names..." Han Xiao stroked his chin before saying with a smile, "This isn't a secret. My divine name is Black Star."

Black Star?

Tomar had a look of confusion. He had never heard of such a deity in all the stories he heard.

Han Xiao then pointed at Hila and Aurora. "They are the deities of death and life."

Hila had a speechless look on her face and could only allow Han Xiao to joke as he wished.