984

Chapter 984 Punishment
This chapter is updated by Wuxia.Blog

A large number of Kunde Race civilians were held in the Kunde Race flagship. A simple carpet was laid out on the ground, and the civilians were all cramped up together like refugees.Swoosh!

The door opened up, and a butler-type robot walked in with a push cart with boxes of food stacked on it.

“It’s time to eat!” the dynasty soldiers who were currently on duty cried out.

Ever since they became captives, these Kunde Race civilians had lived in fear toward their unknown future. However, they were not abused in any way. The dynasty gave them their meals every day, and the civilians had calmed down greatly because of this. None of them made any irrational moves.

The butler-type robot then weaved through the crowd to pass out food. These captives all sat up straight and began devouring their food as they chatted with each other. The atmosphere was still pretty calm.

In the crowd, an adult and a child were eating their meal. The female adult then poured half of her food for her child.

“Mummy, aren’t you eating?” Upon seeing that, this child raised his head.

“You eat first. I will eat after you are done.”

The adult female looked at her son lovingly.

“No, let’s eat together.” The child shook his head and mumbled, “If only daddy was here. Mummy, where did daddy go?”

Upon hearing that, the mother fell silent. She then looked at her son and forced out a smile. “Your father may be on another spaceship and is unable to visit us. He will come and visit us after everything is over.”

“Hurray! I really miss him,” the child said with excitement. “When will everything be over?”

“It should be soon…”

She obviously was not confident, but she still had to force herself to look calm.

Upon seeing her child engrossed in his meal, she turned around and wiped her tears away.

She knew full well that her husband would probably have met with misfortune… because her husband was a military officer.

She had been sent away at the start of the war but brought back again as a captive because of the dynasty. Although the dynasty had sealed off all information, she could imagine the losses in the battlefield since the Kunde Race had lost.

Since she could not communicate with the outside world, she did not know if her husband was dead or alive, and she was still holding onto the last bit of hope in her heart. In front of her child, she had to suppress her fear and unease, and she was enduring a huge pressure in her heart.

After her child went to sleep at night, her face would be washed in tears as she wept silently.

She did not know how the Crimson Dynasty would treat them and could only lie to her own child.

Beep beep beep…

Right at this moment, a holographic screen popped out and attracted everyone’s attention.

A familiar figure then appeared on the screen.

“It’s the leader!”

A commotion broke out immediately with some of them standing up.

The same scene happened on all the Kunde Race prison spaceships. Most of them were completely clueless about what was happening on the outside after the dynasty sealed off all news. This was the first piece of news that they had received ever since they became captives and also the first time that they had seen their leader on the television since.