883

Chapter 883 Breaking the Ice and Setting Conditions
This chapter is updated by Wuxia.Blog

Mona could hear Han Xiao’s sarcasm in his tone, and his face turned red, but he persevered. “In short, we hope that you will allow us to investigate the Spacetime Amber. The Federation of Light will definitely give you satisfactory compensation.”

“I refuse.” Han Xiao waved his hand. “I’m not obliged to cooperate.”

“Then… could you allow us to take a look at the Spacetime Amber? This is a personal request of mine.”

“Nope.”

The atmosphere grew a little stiff. However, Mona had expected it. Black Star would naturally not allow any outsiders to come into contact with his Universal Treasures.

He pretended to take a sip from his drink, glancing left and right, before suddenly lowering his voice and changing the topic.

“Your Excellency Black Star, I’m not sure… but what do you think of the Federation of Light?”

They are finally further probing my attitude… Han Xiao thought.

“My thoughts… I should be asking you this question instead. You helped the Arcane Church during the Battle of Planet Lighthouse, and then you turned around to aid the dynasty. I’m not sure whether I should consider you guys as enemies or friends. What do you think?”

Mona thought about it before solemnly replying, “While we belong to different factions, we are very willing to befriend you, Your Excellency Black Star.”

Han Xiao raised his brows. “In that case, let me be more direct. We’ll always be opponents from different factions, but we can be business partners. You won’t object to that, right?”

“Of course.” This was one of the conditions given by the upper echelons before he set off, so Mona did not hesitate.

The three Universal Civilizations had always warred against each other; however, they also traded with each other frequently, cooperating in many industries. In this interstellar era, so long as the civilizations did not tear off all pretenses and go to war with each other, their cooperative relationship would still be maintained. The three universal civilizations were already used to this method, and in fact, interstellar integration was one of the points that bound all galactic civilizations together as this magnified the cost of them being isolated.

Thus, in terms of business and trade, a Universal Civilization would not prohibit their Beyond Grade A allies from expanding their business to profit off other civilizations. However, if they were to use the name of commerce to sell secret information to other parties, then the universal civilization would hunt them down.

However, the Beyond Grade A allies in each civilization would not easily allow outsiders to obtain a share of their pie. If one wished to develop a business in other factions, they would be pressured by the organizations of that faction. Without an official relationship, it would be hard to conduct business.

“I’m sure that you’re clear about our working style. Within the three Universal Civilizations, we are the most inclusive. We welcome financial groups and organizations from all over the universe to develop, and since the Shattered Star Ring is under the jurisdiction of the Federation of Light, you could say that we’ve always been working together,” Mona said.

Han Xiao nodded. This part was true. The Crimson Dynasty was iron-blooded, while the Arcane Church leaned toward the spiritual side. The Federation of Light was undoubtedly the richest, with lots of territory and blooming with prosperity.

“Since you wish to be friends, then at least show some sincerity. Building a relationship requires funds.” Han Xiao smiled.

“If you’re willing, we can help the Black Star Army to develop their business in the Federation of Light at any time,” Mona replied.