CHAPTER 1- How have you been?

"There is no past tense in loving someone......its either you always will or never did"

NINA SURESH

That's it I'm dead, mom and dad are going to murder me. I'm late and have 4 freaking missed calls from mom.

God that surgery took long to complete.

Wait, I forgot to introduce myself, Hey.. I'm Nina, I'm 25 years and I work as a gynecologist in Apollo Hospital. I live in Mumbai with my parents and my cousin sister/ step sister (my parents adopted her so she's technically step) who is a complete bitch by the way and I'm not the one to curse and if I do then its really really rare but I do curse in my head.....a lot! Guilty.

Anyways Ankita my 'step' sister is a complete..... you know I already told you so, yeah she's that and MY parents who gave birth to me where loving and caring towards me until a certain she devil named Ankita came along and made me the bad guy infront of my parents and like blind people they trusted her!!

So overall my parents hate me and are so close to kick my out of the house but have kept me in because of my income, well I'm a doctor, so I get a good pay. Ankita on the other hand still has to find a job and she's putting great and amazing efforts to look for a job, note the sarcasm thank you.

I can't complain because well they did raise me and give me shelter and food and never laid their hand on me, which I'm extremely thankful for.

Anyways now I'm home, yay

Hell awaits you

My not so polite and sweet conscience chimed in, that was only missing now.

I know thank you very much

Your welcome darling

I rolled my eyes at my conscience, nope don't need to book a bed in metal asylum, I'm perfectly alright this is just how me and my conscience talk, everyone does it. No they don't? Ok I might take up the offer but for now it would be better if you offer me a good luck.

I look around to see if there is any escape route that I could take incase things go out of control but like always there's none but I did notice something, a black......Audi?

Did we I mean dad mom and Ankita get an Audi, ok we are not that richhh....right?

Maybe they are dealing drugs or something, oh god what if they are mafias.

Nice going, now why don't we just say they are murderers too, huh?

Oh god, that explains a lot

I sighed and prepared myself for the hell that will unleash on me the second the door opens.

The longer I procrastinate the more trouble I get in, so I slowly make my way to the door and was about to ring the bell when Rina aunty opened the door.

"Nina, finally I was getting scared as to why you were not answering."

"When did you call me, only mom called me, 4 times, I'm in deep trouble" I said nervously peeking behind her so see if mommy dearest was around.

"That was me dear and no your not in trouble she just wanted you home so she could introduce you" Rina aunty said as she moved aside for me to step in

"Introduce me to......" I trailed off as I got in and went towards the drawing room where she pointed me to go.

I walked in and saw my parents in formal wear and Ankita in an extremely small dress twirling strands of her hairs in her fingers making......doe eyes?!?! What the actual heck is going on?