CHAPTER 60- Keya Aanya Kapoor

ARJUN KAPOOR

"I can't do this, please please please. It hurts too much." Ninu cried holding onto her belly and squeezing my hand in a death grip as we rolled her into the hospital.

"Nina," a senior doctor called out as soon as we stopped. 

"I can't do this," she cried harder squirming and sweating.

"Get her in," the doctor instructed and turned to me. "I'm afraid this all you can go, we'll take it from here and please do not worry her reports are all normal so there's no need to worry about her or your baby. It will be a normal delivery and they'll both be healthy. Please don't stress much." she reassured me with a smile.

"I really can't go in with her?" I ask on the verge of tears as her cries still ring in my head.

"I'm afraid not," she gave a sad smile before taking off into the OT. The OT turned on signaling the beginning of the operation, my heart beat violently in my chest as I tried calming myself down. 

I was pacing back and forth when mom's voice reached my ears, "Arjun! How are you? How's Ninu?" she gripped me tightly in a hug as her questions flooded out.

"She's in, has been for about 15 minutes now." I say with my eyes on the OT door.

"She'll be fine son." dad said patting my back.

"Of course she'll be!" mom exclaimed before continuing, "She's a gynecologist herself, she'll do great." she smiled caressing my cheek before enveloping me into a comforting hug. I managed a nod and smile.

"Dadda!! Where's mommy??" he asked as tears rolled down his eyes. "Mommy's gone to bring your little sibling into this world. Lets wait for her ya?" I ask wiping his tears with the pad of my thumb. He nodded before burying his face into dad's neck. Dad rubbed his back soothingly as mom held onto my forearm. 

"How bad was she crying?" Kajol asked breathless appearing out of the blue with Annie panting next to her.

"She didn't want to go through it and well, I'm glad my hand is intact." I said examining my hand now red and the pain finally settling in.

"Eh well, it's on you." Kajol patted me shoulder before hugging mom and dad.

"Didi will be fine Arjun bhai, don't worry so much." Annie said hugging me. "Ya..." I reply with a small smile.

"Where's Veer?" Kajol asked looking around. "On his way." I replied just as Ninu's another scream echoed through the door and. Everyone exchanged worried looks and my nerves skyrocketed.

"Please tell me that wasn't Ninu." Veer said reaching next to me with a terrified look on his face.

I sighed in answer and before chewing on my bottom lip. 

What if something happens to her? 
What if she bleeds out?
What if she can't take the pain?
What if the baby-

"Hey, she'll be fine. She's a fighter. She'll get through with your baby okay?" Veer squeezed my shoulder reassuringly jerking me out of my obnoxious thoughts. I nodded with a smile. 

We waited and waited and waited. It felt like an eternity when the OT door suddenly opened alerting all of us. My first instinct was to study the doctors body language which was quite relaxed and she had a wide smile.

Little relief filled my guts as she approached us with....holy fuck. I couldn't breath. I couldn't inhale any oxygen and no amount oxygen I inhaled felt sufficient.

"Congratulations, you both have a beautiful daughter, and, yes Nina is absolutely fine just exhausted after the delivery. We'll move her into a ward once we finish the last minute checkups, until then, please say hi." she smiled looking down in her arms.