CHAPTER 42- the best and worst day of my life.

"If I know what love is, it is because of you." -Herman Hesse

ARJUN KAPOOR

Finishing off the work, I informed dad and started my search for Ninu.

I slowly went through all the corridors and cabins and rooms, opening every empty room I was met only with darkness and silence. Finally I made it to her cabin slightly panting, pushing open the door I found her, on the ground curled into a ball, sobbing.

Her one palm covering her mouth while the other on her stomach.

My heart broke. My heart ached on seeing her like this...weak... and vulnerable.

She looked tiny with her knees pulled up to her chest, as her tears rolled down uncontrollably, her body shaking.

Silent and muffled sobs filled the air around her cabin.

Taking slow steps, I kneeled down in front of her.

Her glossy, teary eyes met mine. Her eyes which used to be filled full of joy and happiness now held just one emotion....fear.

The minute her eyes met mine, her eyes welled with fresh tears.

"Angel..." I whispered for which she shook her head and hid her face behind her palms, her head still shaking.

"Hey, no look at me," gently pulling her tiny wrist down, I cupped both her cheek and wiped the tears, with the pad of my thumb, only to be filled with fresh ones.

"Don't cry Ninu, she's not gone. She will fight for herself, for us, for you." I smile sadly.

Her lips quivered as she closed her eyes.

She just stayed like that. I shifted beside her and sat down pulling her on my lap. She cured herself into a ball again.

Resting her head on my chest, I rubbed her back soothingly in failed attempts of calming her down.

"I can't lose her," her barely hoarse audible voice reached my ears.

"You won't," I move back, making her look at me.

"You won't lose her Ninu. None of us will," I say looking directly into her puffy and red eyes.

"But what if I do?" more tears rolled down, again breaking my heart.

It hurt, it hurt to see her in this condition. It hurt way too much.

"You won't, I promise you." I say firmly.

She shook her head "Don't make promises you can't keep,"

"She will make it, Kajol will break through Ninu. Just have faith in her, trust her." I sit straighter holding her close.

"I do trust her but I'm scared, I'm scared I'll lose her forever Arjun and I can't," she whispered looking at her lap.

"I can't afford lose her Arjun, she's way to important to me. I love her way too much to lose her now. She's too important, she's my sister." she cried, her voice came out muffled. She gulped and continued.