CHAPTER 48- What the actual fuck is going on?

"I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more." —Angelita Lim

NINA KAPOOR

With all the courage I could muster at the time, I spoke praying for my voice to not break.

"I want a divorce." 

Finally having the strength I lifted my head very slightly to find Arjun with a expression that screamed pure and utter shock. 

No one saw this coming, did they?

"W-wha-what?" he choked out between his uneven breaths.

"You heard me," I whispered, I could not bring myself to say that awful phase again without breaking into tears.

"You don't mean that," his voice sounded close.

I glance up to find him making his way slowly to me, taking each step with caution.

I hold my hand up and move back, if he's close the entire plan will be ruined. I can't let that happen.

Maybe you should just tell him Ninu. He can help you, please don't do this, you both lo-

Stop talking, please...stop talking.

I breath heavily keeping my eyes anywhere but at him.

"Why are you doing this all of a sudden? We were good till now...right?" he frowned looking at me.

I sighed silently. 

"Just sign the damn papers and leave Arjun." I state gulping again for the 100th time already.

"No." he stated firmly with a hard expression.

"I'm not doing this without a reason." with a swift move he backed me up against the wall and closed all gaps between us by pressing himself against me.

He dipped his head down and touched my forehead with his. His scent took over overwhelming me completely.

My eyes remained close throughout all this and it took every-freaking-thing in me to not end up hugging him and rambling about all this.

"I have a reason for doing this, but I just can't tell you that."
 I whispered without meeting his eyes while his eyes bore holes on top of my head.

"If you tell me maybe we can solve it instead taking such a foolish step." he caressed my cheek.

I bit my lip to stop myself from crying my eyes out.

"No, no I can't, we can't." I shook my head refusing to do so.

I can't tell him.

"Why not?" he questioned in the gentlest tone making my already racing heart go faster.

"Because you'll hate me." I answer in a low tone keeping my voice as steady as I could at the time.

He sighed "Angel, I could never hate you." he whispered gently lifting my head.

Finally my eyes met his which was whirlpool of emotions ranging from love to confusion to unhappiness to some hope to heartbroken.

It hurt to see him like this, to see him vulnerable.

I hate it but I don't have a choice.

That's when it suddenly hit me, camera. Damn it.

Pushing him away from me, I speak.

"Sigh the papers and leave. Please." I say desperately glancing to my window uneasily then the door where Veer might be waiting on the other side.

"If you're stubborn so am I. I'm not signing them without a reason." he answered coming closer.