CHAPTER 40- I. Freaking. Hate. Mondays. Period.

"I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." – Leo Christopher

NINA KAPOOR

I. Freaking. Hate. Mondays. Period.

Two weeks worth of work I had to do in one day, yay life. My feet hurt and my head feels like it would explode any moment now and I still have a heap of files to go through.

5 women! 5 women went into labour today and to say I'm exhausted would be an understatement.

All I wanna do right now is sleep and that scares me since I'm driving and well...the road is crowded, one wrong turn and I die or I kill someone or both actually seeing that its me we are talking about.

...

I manage to make it to the building in my car...in one piece, talking about the car here not me. Anyways, never been more prouder of myself.

I get into the elevator yawning for the god know what time now and wait patiently.

.

.

.

I manage to reach the front door without tumbling and stumbling on my way. If someone sees me their first thought would be: why on Earth is she walking like she's dead? or maybe why she walking like she's on 10 different drugs right now?

I sigh, shake my head to wake myself up a little before ringing the doorbell.

Before I could pull my finger back the door bursts open revealing a scowling Arjun.

What happened now? I groan internally before flashing him a very effortful smile. My everything hurts.

"Are you gonna let me in or...am I sleeping out here?" I raise my brows as I point at the ground.

"Why are you late?" he folded his arms across his chest and if I wasn't this tired I would be drooling right about now.

Oh, who am I kidding, I drool over him in my sleep.

Finally you agreed.

"What do you mean why am I late?" I push past him, walk into the kitchen and proceed to wash my hands.

"Angel its 8:50, you didn't bother informing or answering my calls," his concerned and slightly angry voice made me give him a curious look.

"Well, I didn't answer your calls since my phone was on silent and about informing you, I did inform you." I take my phone out after drying my hand.

"No you didn't," he sat opposite to me on isle chair.

"Yes, I sent you a text saying I'll be late," I defend myself.

"I didn't get any text Ninu," he ran his fingers through his already tousled hair.

"Look!" I face my phone to him as proof.

He takes my phone and examines it while I relax back closing my eyes.

"That's not me," he states and my eyes fly open in confusion.

"You did send a message to someone but that's not me." he hands me my phone back and I see I sent a text to one of my colleague named Arjith.

No wonder I didn't get a response.

I blink at the phone slightly embarrassed "Ok so it is my fault but in my defense, I was in a hurry, so...this happened, I guess" I face him only to find him more annoyed.

"Ok fine I'm sorry! It was an accident. I-" I got cut off by him.

"Do you have any idea as to how worried I was? And to add it all, your phone's tracking system was not working for some bullshit," this time I cut him off.