CHAPTER 54- Close your eyes

"You want to know who I'm in love with right? Read the first word again." ~Unknown

ARJUN KAPOOR

"Alright thanks mom," Ninu's faint sound made me stir as my unconsciously searched for her next to me.

My eyes slowly opened when I couldn't feel her next to me. Once my eyes adjusted, I looked around to find her standing near the window holding her phone close to her as she gazed out.

I smiled upon seeing her, her pale skin under glowing under the morning sun made her look angelic.

Without making a noise, I stood behind her and circled my arms around her waist.

She jumped and turned around immediately. Sighing in relief on seeing me, she smiled lightly.

"Morning," I smiled back joined our foreheads together.

"Morning," she whispered back wrapping her hands around my neck and closing her eyes.

Silence took over as we held close savoring every moment.

Suddenly, the silent and peaceful air got disturbed by Ninu's phone ringing behind my ear.

She tried pulling away, instead of letting go of her, I pulled her closer.

She just shook her head and answered the calling turning around in my arms, I tightened my hold around her waist yet making sure I didn't hurt her.

I rested my chin on her shoulder and closed my eyes as her intoxicating scent took over my senses sending me into a trance.

I buried my head into the nape of her shoulder greedily taking all the scent I could.

"Arjun?" her soft voice called out.

I hummed in response without moving.

"Can you believe its already been six months since we got married?" she asked after a few seconds of silence.

I smiled against her neck.

"You remembered," I said in a low voice lifting my head and again resting my chin on her shoulder and gazing at her.

She smiled sheepishly before speaking, "Kajol may have remined me yesterday."

I just chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"You are absolutely adorable." I say walking in front of her and pulling her even closer. Our chests were now pressed against each other.

Her hands rested my bicep before she smiled and narrowed her eyes at me, "What is this? Morning romance?" she teased.

I shrugged, "Maybe," 

She just smiled and tried slipping out of my grip.

"Arjun," she sighed.

"Little longer," I said hugging her.

"Are you okay?" she asked as her small hand went around my broad shoulder while the other slowly got tangled in my hair.

"Do I need to have something going on for a hug?" I asked, putting on a fake hurt expression.

She just rolled her eyes, "You know what I mean," 

"Enlighten me," I smiled.

She just hit my shoulder playfully before managing to slip out of my arms and moving out of our room.

"Oh and-" she stopped just outside the door "- dress appropriately, I'm taking you out on a date." 

Before I could say anything, she was out.