THREE

THE THREE WOMEN walked down a road together before Andrea stopped

THE THREE WOMEN walked down a road together before Andrea stopped. She gained the attention of Adira and Michonne while looking out into the field on their right.

Smoke was rising up from the ground a few miles away. Andrea and Michonne shared a look before they all began walking across the wheat fields and towards the smoke.

They eventually make it to a clearing in the woods. In the middle was a crashed helicopter, the rotor blades had been bent and smoke came from them. The tail of the helicopter had broken off from the landing.

Andrea began breathing hard before dropping to the ground and vomiting. "Don't push yourself." Michonne says quietly.

"Sit here." Adira says while helping Andrea sit on the ground, a few feet away from where she threw up. Michonne pulled the souls a few trees behind them and tied them so they wouldn't wander away.

A sense of curiosity filled Adira. She placed her bookbag on the ground before walking towards the helicopter.

Michonne walked right behind her, a hand on her katana just in case. They walked up to the helicopter but stopped once seeing a man laying on the ground.

A dark skinned man wore military clothes with a badge saying 'Sean' on his vest. His torso had been ripped from his lower body. His eyes were still opened but no longer contained life.

Adira looked inside the helicopter, only lifeless bodies sat there. Before she could inspect them closely, the sound of trucks driving closely averted her attention.

Panic began to bubble in her stomach. "We gotta go." She told Michonne. The dark haired woman followed her gaze and saw three large pickup trucks pulling up on the side of the clearing.

The two soundlessly ran back to Andrea and told her someone was there. They all crouched behind a few thick bushes and watched closely.

"Any survivors?" Andrea whispered.

"Two dead, I couldn't see the rest before the cars came." Adira stated while watching a few men with guns walk out of the trucks.

"Fan out." A man with a dark colored shirt said. The rest of the guys began walking around the clearing, some with bats, others had arrows, and only a few had guns.

"Save those rounds until you need 'em." The man said again. The boy who was about to shoot a soul dropped his gun and let a dark skinned man shoot the soul in the head with an arrow.

The dark skinned man wore a short sleeved flannel. He had two short logs strapped across his back.

Another man went and killed two souls with a bat. He wore a dark blue button up shirt that had the sleeves ripped off. He wore a hat backwards and had a Hispanic look to him.

"Got a breather. Tim!" The man with the dark shirt called out. He opened the helicopter doors and cut the seat belt. An asian man came over to him and carried the injured pilot out.