TWENTY ONE

She had around three days to do this

She had around three days to do this. She left Andreas body outside and snuck out the prison. It seemed as if though Tawiskaron was in her side.

A deer soon came across her way and she killed it with ease. The easy part was done.

The group watched from outside the prison. "What the fuck." Daryl muttered when he saw her drag a huge deer across the yard. Soon she left again and came back with lots of large sticks and logs. They had no idea how she was doing it. She was less than 130 pounds and was carrying all of this with ease.

The girl had ditched her jacket and thrown it a couple of feet away. She began piling all the sticks and logs into a large pyre.

She placed her arms under Andreas armpits and began dragging her over.

"Need any help?" She looked over to see Daryl and his cross bow.

She thought about it for a few seconds. And then her decision was made when she realized she was supposed to carry Andrea on top of the pyre. "Uh... sure."

Together, the two placed the cold body onto the logs. Daryl was surprised she did all of this herself. It was truly impressive.

"Do you know how to skin a deer?" Adira asked him. Daryl nodded his head and sat next to the dead deer and began working.

Part of her was grateful he was helping her. But the other part felt like she needed to this alone. Bonus, Daryl was quiet so it wasn't hard to work with him.

Adira sighed and shook her sore arms. She went inside and ignored everyone around her. There were around 20 more people at the prison which made it very crowded.

She dug around her mattress and finally she found her bone knife. She stole a few gauze pads from Hershel and made her way back outside.

Daryl had successfully skinned the legs. He hadn't noticed her yet behind him. Adira could see he was trying to be careful. He didn't want to mess this up.

Adira grabbed the small bottle water and a towel from the grass. Earlier Beth had made sure she stayed hydrated. And although she didn't say thank you, Adira was so grateful that Beth cared.

She poured some water onto the towel and began cleaning the blood, sweat, and dirt from Andreas face. Her face was beginning to sink but Adira admired her. Even after death she was still so beautiful.After she was done, the almost grey and red towel was thrown under all the sticks to soon burn.

She was so beautiful. Her tight jaw. Peach lips. Thin eyebrows. Blonde wavy hair.

"Adira?"

Her head quickly snapped up and Daryl stood next to her. He had the skin draped over his arm. "Oh." She quickly grabbed it and placed it over Andrea.

"You should tell the others we're ready."

Everyone soon came and stood around the waist length pyre. Adira wished she could make it bigger but Rick probably would've scolded about making them a better use.

It wasn't just the original group there. People of Woodbury were also there. Daryl had a torch in his hand and waited for Adira.

The girl was stood right beside the pyre. Everyone looked at her. Some were confused, others wanted to go back to the prison, some just wanted her to hurry up.

All of their eyes widened when she grabbed her bone knife and cut straight through her palm. A few gasped and Beth made a move to walk over but Maggie stuck her arm out.

"May you return to Manibozho." She muttered quietly and drew the familiar rune of life onto her forehead and then the rune of death on Andrea.

She held her hand out for the torch and Daryl slowly handed it to her. What made his eyes widen was that she grabbed the torch with her bloody hand and didn't show one sign of pain.

"In fire, we cleanse the pain of the past." She said in her own language. She couldn't cry now. The time for crying had passed long ago.

"Your fight is over, Andrea."

And in a matter of seconds the torch was placed beside Andrea and the whole pyre began to burn. First the wood caught on fire and then when Andrea did, the fire grew so big a couple of them had to step back.

Michonne let a few tears slip her eyes. Everyone else either stared at the fire or looked down at the ground. But Adira stared at the smoke rising to the blue sky. She imagined Andrea's spirit flying up into the sky and looking down at her.

Authors note

Super short but last chapter for season three YAYYAYAYA.

I just wanted to sprinkle in a little the 100 moment. There'll be more just wait. Not everyone in here is related to the Mohawk tribe. Some 'traditions' are just my own imagination or inspired from other shows.