FOURTEEN

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

"And here you are living, despite it all."

The small group drove for a few minutes before the car stopped. Adira had been looking out the window but soon saw a large tree laying across the road.

Everyone got out and inspected the red pickup truck that had crashed into the tree. Glenn opened the door and suddenly a walker lunged at him. The asian pulled the body to the ground and stomped repeatedly on its head.

The two teens watched as Rick went over to Glenn to see if he was okay. The two just stared at Glenn, wondered why he was acting so different. Although Adira didn't know him, she could tell by the others faces that it's not how he normally acts.

"You didn't kill him." Glenn stated while clutching his ribs.

"That's not why we went back." Rick shook his head.

"No. That's right. You went back for Daryl. And now he's gone again and the Governor is still alive."

"Daryl was the priority."

"I should've been there with you."

"You were in no condition."

"But my girlfriend was?"

"Glenn this isn't about us." Maggie spoke up from beside Mitch.

"I should've been there." Glenn responded.

"Hey, hey, you didn't come back with us because you could barley walk." Rick raised his hand, trying to reason with Glenn, but the younger man only shook his head in disbelief.

"What about her? Do you know what he did to her?!"

Maggie yelled at him to leave it alone. They all grew quiet before Mitch told them all to get back in the truck.

Glen took deep breaths to calm himself down. "After all that effort, all the risk we took, Daryl just takes off with Merle?"

"He had his reasons." Rick's eyes squinted due to the sun.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Rick. Doesn't change the fact that we're to our necks in shit."

"You want me to turn the car around and beg him to come back? Throw down a welcome mat for Merle? This is the hand we've been dealt!"

"Let's just get out of here, alright." Maggie told them.

"No, you guys do all the talking you want. I'm done." Glenn walked back and got inside the truck. Adira and Mitch went back to and waited for Maggie and Rick.