SIX

When Koko came, he quickly left that night

When Koko came, he quickly left that night. It wasn't surprising. He often went out to hunt or just wander around. Being inside all day wasn't his lifestyle.

Michonne and Adira walked around Woodbury with boredom. They wanted to leave. Yet every time the topic came up, Andrea would disagree and the Governor would change the subject. Michonne and her quickly stated they would leave in three days whether or not Andrea wanted.

They looked around every entrance, seeing how the gates open, and what time the guards would switch. There were always more than three guards at each gate. All armed with guns and knives.

As they walked around, they came across the military trucks that the Governor had come with. Michonne walked up to the truck and noticed the bullet holes.

"It's warm. Happened recently." She stated before climbing on top of a truck and looking at the rifle attached to the back.

What could that mean? They stole them? Whatever it was, it didn't make sense. Adira's thoughts were interrupted when Michonne bent down.

"What is it?" She asked, curious as to what she was looking at. She stepped towards the right, trying to see what it was and saw her finger smeared with blood. What the hell is going on here?

She stared back at Adira in shock before jumping down. Before we could walk away, a male voice echoed in their ears.

"Pretty amazing right? We find more ammo, we could cut down a whole pack of biters." He stands there with both hands on his hips. "I heard you and Andrea are leaving today. That's a shame. We could use a soldier like you two."

"We're not soldiers." Adira says while glaring into his eyes. "Woodbury was doing just fine. Merle said you guys train your men. Goodluck with that."

"No amount of training can prepare you for today's world." He says.

Michonne placed her hands behind her back and took slow steps towards him, "you'd think one soldier would drive away— especially against something so slow."

"Those men were heroes." He nods his head. "Not the kind to leave anyone behind." He walks around us and stops behind us. "If only we'd gotten there sooner... and you were with us."

"Lots of bullet holes." Michonne says, turning around to face him. "You think biters figured out how to use weapons?" She looks at a bullet lodged between the door of the truck.

He lets out a short laugh, "they must have encountered bandits weeks ago. It's ugly out there, but then... you know that better than anyone."

"You know it's really bad, what happened to Wells." Adira says, remembering about the pilot who passed away.

"It's is." He nods his head. "Dr. Stevens couldn't revive him. Merle put a bullet in his brain."

"No funeral?" Michonne asks, her face never showing emotion.